sorry for not posting in here first before responding elsewhere.

i'm donna and i'm a long time admirer of the MKI to the point where i still have the original magazine poster of the MKI on my wall - i got that picture in 1984 and my dad framed it for me and every house i've ever lived in has had a wall graced with that framed poster

i was about 7 or 8 when i first saw one and said "one day i'm gunna have one of them" well roll on nearly 30 years and i've just put a deposit down on a 1986 MKI which is absolutely stunning from top to bottom with only 81 and a half thousand miles on it right royal result and she passed her mot with NO advisories (i couldn't believe it)

i've had a MKII TURBO GT TBAR and MKII GT TBAR n/a and 2 scooby impreza turbo wagons and yet when i test drove this MKI it was like why didn't i do this sooner - i've not stopped smiling yet and the grip is F1 standard i thought i'd pushed it going into a corner and it just held and both me and the dealer were sat there totally stunned, i can't wait till i go and pick her up cos coming home is gunna be a 25 mile blast/laugh a minute down the country lanes between wigan and warrington gunna be so much fun. who needs big cars with license losing speeds when you can have mega amounts of fun in a small car at the speed limit

am gunna do some minor mods :- blitz induction kit, iridium plugs, magnecor leads, cobra exhaust, maybe give her a paintjob (she's got a white top half and a grey bottom half) and some new rims and boots (she's got the originals on) and am gunna change the drivers seat for my favourite omp bucket and maybe put my 6 point harness in there too - but not sure part of my dilemna is that i got a dog and the seats are immaculate black cloth with a white stripe running down the middle --- white stripes and dogs just do not mix lol

if you're looking for new parts like drop links and stuff try www.fensport.co.uk

looking forward to seeing the other MKI's didn't know that there were MK1a/MK1b as well as turbo and supercharged versions - just adding more fun to the mix