Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: i always wanted one :)

BC's are a great choice! The best upgrade i did on my MR2!

MR2 Fan
    both of the MK2's i've had got dressed in bc's and for the money they're superb that's why i'm getting them for dorothy

might get the Tein S lowering springs to go with them but i think that with the bodykit that i'm gunna get it might bottom out and i might not be able to get a jack under it for changing wheels and stuff...............decisions, decisions..............

things that i've already got for her

super pro polybush kit £160 delivered
    whiteline anti roll bars and drop links front and rear £400 the pair delivered

and i've more or less chosen the rims and boots

also ordered the new braided brake lines from hel and a clutch line from hel
    Last edited by snoball; 27th May 2013 at 06:28 AM.

You cant use standard drop links with the BC's on the front,they supply som for the front with the kit!

MR2 Fan
    whiteline inclde their own front and rear drop links and bushes with their anti roll bars - sorry for not saying this hence the price tag............my bad

can't remember if bc put their links in cos last time i just used the bc struts, springs and mounts with whiteline arb and drop links underneath them and trd strut braces on top - total overkill really - but she'll handle with the best of them when i've finished which is what i'm after

not going for mega bhp just a seriously sweet ride that'll leave most things for dead in the twisty bits

she's also gunna need respraying if i change her socks and shoes cos pink doesn't go with white and silver
    Last edited by snoball; 27th May 2013 at 06:30 AM.

Rinzler
    The Super Pro Full Polybush kit from EP Racing is a sound investment, I bought a set for mine, brilliant job, well worth the money, I also have the Whiteline front and rear anti-roll bars, I have stainless steel droplinks for mine though.

Yep thats where all my over-time goes on the car!. Can totally relate having to clock up massive amounts of over time just to get the parts you want!. Dorothy sounds like she'll be a mean machine when she's ready to roll.

Braided brakelines also a sound investment.

What colour you thinking of changing her to?.

hi donna... your story is almost the exact same as mine... first seen one at the age of 7/8 fell in love and wanted one since then and finally got mine a few years ago..also like you got very very very lucky with mine too and similar mileage but in km/h...came from japan,and like yourself no regrets and plenty of enjoyment too
    the car looks great so it does...and the seat look ubber comfortable.... as for the dog!!! just keep the car for you... i dont let my one into bumblebee... she has the whole back seat of the every day car instead LOL
    best wishes and lots of happy fun time with your mk1 donna

MR2 Fan
    colour change to possibly --- gloss jet black with the rota alecia polished and pink rims / candy purple gitter with rota torque white rims or possibly candy lettuce leaf green with team dynamics race 1.2 black rims

i bought the number plate S--REK a long time ago hence the reason for the green paint being included.

this won't be happening this side of xmas cos the spraybooth that i want to use is fully booked till january still it's gunna cost an absolute wedge so it'll just give me more time to put more money away and work harder than i am now just so i can make sure i can have what i want

problem alpha13 - dorothy is my ONLY car

am looking at a JDM Starlet Glanza Turbo V or a Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo so i can keep dorothy for special occassions

i gotta admit that i do miss the sound of the turbo spinning up and the dump valve doing it's stuff and then the backfire on the over run...........

those were the days of cheap petrol when we drove all day and all night scaring the hell out the people using the tunnels on the A55 ****whistles quietly**** - some sounds are just too adictive lol
    Last edited by snoball; 29th May 2013 at 12:28 PM.

MR2 Fan
    You are such a boy (girl) racer, snoball.

When you first started rolling off the list of modifications & upgrades I was thinking "poor little Two", but as the gaps are filled in and I start to get a mental (and wow, is it ever mental) picture of the finished car, it makes sense. It's gonna be a real head turner and crowd pleaser at the shows. I really hope I get a chance to see it in the flesh once it's done.

Poor little Jolly is going to feel awfully Plain Jane next to her. I may have to buy her new shoes to make her feel better.

MR2 Fan
    the shows are just that - they're for a limited but knowledgable audience

what i do is drive the wheels off my cars on roads in hot spot places where loads of ordinary people will get to see what i've done

and using places like prestatyn beach carpark in summer - now that's an experience for those with a modded car - talk about an audience then there are the tunnels all the way from conwy to Llanfairfechan

just hoping i can get dorothy to sing at 45mph - tough ask for a N/A motor

but yeah am hoping she'll be a proper headturner (one creating accidents) lol ****whistles even more subtly**** like my last scooby wagon was

pete --- have you not considered getting jolly a new dress to go with the new shoes ????? i mean you've more or less sorted out her new underwear lol
    Last edited by snoball; 29th May 2013 at 03:59 PM.