Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very rare Toyota Haslbeck bodykit coming soon.

Club Technical Advisor
    You couldn't buy just the kit, it was a dealer option in Germany and via Silver knight in the UK when you wanted to buy a new Mk1, Toyota commissioned Haslbeck to make the kit and was offered in the dealership as a Haslbeck special edition or "Mr2 High Tech" as it was known in Germany at the time. My best guess is Toyota would deliver a brand new Mk1 to Haslbeck for the kit fitting.

That is what makes this kit so special compared to aftermarket stuff, it's the MK1 version of a Mk2 TRD kit I suppose.

MR2 Obsessive
    I don't claim to be a MK1 expert but I had never heard of or seen one of these until you posted the picture Paul. I am guessing as they are so rare that the cost was quite high? It does seem strange that if it was OEM they did not improve the standard engine. Every day is a school day

Club Technical Advisor
    I was given the car for free , the owner wanted it to go to someone who would save the kit and breath life back into the Haslbeck heritage.

I'll admit I've learned a lot this past week from German owners who know a lot more about the history of it, I'd only heard of the name and knew what it looked like before that.

MR2 Obsessive
    Sorry Paul I didn't mean how much did you pay, I meant they must have been expensive new which means they are really rare. I suppose it is a bit like black cars they were quite a lot extra to buy and so are now quite rare

Club Technical Advisor
    It's ok Tommy I don't mind anyone knowing it was free, the important thing is the kit is saved.

MR2 Obsessive
    Any idea how much extra they were when new? I reckon it must have been quite a bit. It is great that you have saved it, will it be a problem reproducing, Toyota have been known to be a bit funny about things like that.

Agree about the number plate panel. I'd be interested.

Club Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    Any idea how much extra they were when new? I reckon it must have been quite a bit. It is great that you have saved it, will it be a problem reproducing, Toyota have been known to be a bit funny about things like that.
    I don't know to be honest, i'd doubt they'd care about a kit from the 80's that is no longer available.

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport View Post
    I don't know to be honest, i'd doubt they'd care about a kit from the 80's that is no longer available.
    You would think they wouldn't care but I believe they stopped someone selling decals which they didn't even produce anymore. Did Toyota actually design and sell the kit or was it Haslebank, depending on who has the rights to the kit will determine whether they allow it or not, could be interesting.

I think that the copyright only lasts 25 years but I could be wrong. I'm in love, xxx .
    Bill.