Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very rare Toyota Haslbeck bodykit coming soon.

Club Technical Advisor

Very rare Toyota Haslbeck bodykit coming soon.

Perhaps the holy grail of kitted Mk1s, the Haslbeck, I know of only 2 worldwide. I have located one of them and it is on it's way to Woodsport early next week, I've been trying to track one of these down for years, lots of pics to come.

One of the very few catalogue images to be found of it, the old supercharger site had pics but that's gone now...

Found a few more pics, it's amazing what you find when you're spelling Haslbeck properly

Love the new taillight centre panel, that would be nice on a standard car...

Love the rear valence....

Well the Haslbeck finally arrived today, I knew the car itself was going to be in a very poor state but wasn't prepared for just how bad, just about the most rotten Mk1 I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot!)

Here it is, one of two believed "Silver Knight" UK Haslbecks, the other one was white and I have no idea where it is or if it even exists anymore.... oddly this car was previously white so it could well have been the same car making it unique in the UK..... we'll never know.

Presenting the rarest Toyota Mk1 kit option ever sold...

It has the original wheels that came with the Haslbecks, I have no history of these at all or if they were fitted to anything else at the time, but they seem to be pictured in all of the Haslbeck literature of the time...

It took around an hour to remove the entire kit, mainly because the car was so rotten most of the kit was barely attached and practically every bolt snapped off... how's this for rot...

In that quarter pic above there was no panel right up to 3" from the top, completely rotted out.

The kit removed from the car....

Front splitter needs repair before any molding can happen...

Love this number plate panel, this can be fitted to a standard Mk1 and will really facelift the rear...

So I now have a few months of panel repairing and repainting so the molds will be perfect, i'd estimate the molding process to take up to 8 months but I am determined to save this kit.

If anyone is interested in having the rarest kit Toyota ever commissioned for the Mk1 let me know.

MR2 Fan
    When I saw the photo of the car jacked up under the sill I thought: "Careful with that jack, Eugene".

That is some rust!

Presumably you're scrapping/stripping the rest of the car. You're right about the number plate panel - very subtle. A market for them, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteP View Post
    When I saw the photo of the car jacked up under the sill I thought: "Careful with that jack, Eugene".
    Pink Floyd fan I guess
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Obsessive
    there will be plently of interest.. me included
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

Like it, although for me it would be better if the front lower bumper section had no slats. Big centre and corner intakes would look better that the slatted holes in my opinion

MR2 Fan
    Likewise, jimi.

Paul, that really is the only body kit I've ever liked on any car. As a rule I have no time for them but this one looks like a production car special rather than a boy race add-on. Plenty of hints of Testarossa vents. Very 80s!

MR2 Fan
    An idea of a price yet?

** Banned User **
    Very 944 looking front vents look s2 style. Nice kit for soeone with rotten arches as you would have to cut them to fit bigger wheels. There is a write up of someone restoring one of these on the titernet somewhere nice kit though

Club Technical Advisor
    I guess Toyota got the styling of this kit spot on, it seems to be very popular with nearly everyone, I love the fact it was a production item rather than an aftermarket kit, true retro styling from the manufacturer.

I have no idea on pricing yet, it is going to take months to get this molded, there are 11 different molds needed for this kit so it isn't going to be cheap.

MR2 Obsessive
    So are you saying you could buy one of these at your local Toyota dealer Paul?