Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member With Mk1a in Boston, Lincolnshire

If i ever consider it mate i will let you know, at this moment in time shes not for sale but i will keep you in mind!

Out of sheer interest, in its current condition what do you reckon the value would be?!

Jon

£500?!! You jammy, jammy sod, some people have no idea what they are worth. 1a sub isnt worthy of the name to be honest, they just let out a noise similar to a wet fart! I fitted a new sound system in mine last weekend... but didnt bother with wiring the sub back in Great news on your MOT you must be made up, enjoy!

In terms of value its hard to say without seeing it but if its as tidy in the metal as it is on your pics then its deffo worth at least £2k, maybe even £3k+ on a sunny day with the right buyer standing in front of you. As I said, you are a jammy, jammy sod!
    Last edited by Master-B; 9th May 2013 at 02:41 PM.

It's really difficult to say. What's the mileage?
    I would guess that realistically its worth 2-3 grand.
    They area really difficult car to price in my opinion. There are quite a few for sale at the moment that have been for sale for some time. Some immaculate and very low mileage MK1bs around at the moment for 2.5 to 4k

However, there are Very Few MK1as for sale right now.......especially black bumpered ones.
    Add to that the rare colour and it is even more unusual.
    In the 18 months I have been actively looking for one in this colour (and I have looked lazily for about 3 years plus), I have found five on the road and 2 needing restoration in this colour. Neil J has one he is breaking, mine old one is no longer registered on the road and there was one on this site that was written off 2 years ago.
    There seem to be very few out there but like this one......there will be some tucked away somewhere.

Last year I saw a red one owner 1985 black bumpered car with 54k miles in immaculate condition go fr £2995.
    In January I was offered an excellent low mileage (70k miles) back bumpered car in champagne gold for £1200. I should have taken it really.
    I know of a fully restored 50k miles rare silver With black bumper mk1a for sale for £2250 at the moment. I am tempted and would not think twice if I had already sold my Spitfire (can't quite bring myself to do it after 20 years of ownership, untold hours spent restoring it and over £13,000 spent restoring it!).

Some people love the mk1as and some really don't. I prefer them over the MK1bs by far. Except...the metallic grey mk1bs. I like those a lot but they are also rare...just my luck

I'm a patient man....I'll find one and I genuinely wsh you luck with yours.....it looks lie a bargain mate.

Chrys
    Last edited by cchrysos; 8th May 2013 at 09:12 PM.

Nice bargain and my second favourite colour on a MR2! (I have an original '86 black MK1A). I would also one day like to own one in this colour!, I had a rare 85 'champagne' coloured MR2 that I had to sadly break and scrap last year due to uni commitments and lack of funds. My dad has a large Triumph background aswell, hes owned many different Dolomites, 2000s etc (he has a dark blue MK2 2000 at the moment).

Cheers
    Jack

Fantastic looking car mate! Love that colour, always thought it was a bit ahead of itself for the 80s. Look a bit like the newer colours you get on the VXR Astra etc. What a bargain!

Been v busy tinkering with this since I last posted. Have dealt with Paul Simms and got myself a few bits and pieces. Sunroof visor, upgraded dash speakers and Original alloys hopefully on their way along with sorting out a few cosmetic rust spots. Have developed a small oil leak from somewhere. Any ideas? Hoping to get her looking MINT ready for a few shows this summer!

MR2 Obsessive
    Have a read of this for oil leaks

http://web.archive.org/web/200612091...epairsp82.html

Thanks for that coverco. Pretty sure I've found and sorted the leak now pesky o rings!

Everything left to do now is purely cosmetic. Pics coming soon!