Thread: New Red T-bar

New Red T-bar

Yesterday I picked up a 1987 red mk1b T-bar. (This is my fifth i think, first red one though). It's immaculate with no rust and lowish mileage of 87k. A lucky find. Really happy with it. The seller put new brakes, tyres, battery and MOT on it before the sale so that's a start. Cheers. Rob
    Last edited by BARNEY; 27th April 2013 at 09:51 PM.

very very nice top find, enjoy it and lets hope we get a summer to get the roof off .

Cheers mate. Yeah i was just browsing autotrader and it popped up and was local to me so i snapped it up quickly. It has been stored for 12 years so needs a service, but the engine bay is spotless. Yes, i had the roof off the other day in the sunshine, nice! This t-bar doesn't leak either so i can relax when it rains and not panic and run for the car cover like i did with my last one!

Nice bright colour, very good red (not pink). Why has it got MR2 on the rear wing?

Thank you Kate. Yes I think that being stored for so long has saved it from being faded by the sun. I'm not sure what the extra decals at the back are about!

MR2 is a very long name for a model of a car, maybe the previous owner kept forgetting it.

Alan...