Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four star classics

This one seems like much better value to me!

Nicer spec (Black interior), lower mileage, great history and less than half the price.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C380365

Check out the link to the walk around video.

Refresh the cam cover and throttle bracket, put on the original wheels (Supplied) and this one looks like a show winner to me!
    Last edited by cchrysos; 22nd April 2013 at 12:51 PM.

I'd rather spend a grand on a good usable Mk1 which I'd have no issue parking at the shops or driving sideways to work but yes, that's a bit better..

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Would have cost £12,250 new. Not sure what that is in today's money.

I was preparing to tear this apart just for the nerve of asking 10k but if you look closely there's a bit more to worry about than that.

Obvious things to note, some pretty obvious rust on the bolts by the wiper arm, engine and boot lid hinges, exhaust silencer is also rusting quiet nicely, sideskirt rubber seals have been poorly fitted at the front joins, nearside sidelight cluster is squiff and the bonnet shut lines are shocking. Also to nit pic (and for 10k I bloody well would be) the engine is clean to an extent but simple things like polishing the cam covers and replacing rusty clips really annoy me. For even half that money it wouldn't take me long to walk away.

They will be staring at that for a long time, unless of course they find a rich, slightly dim, mr2 enthusiast who happens to want a white sunroof model with a blue interior.
    Yes, seller is having a bit of fun asking this price. Noticed immediately the mudflaps sprayed completely white, no silver "MR2" - how tacky! Also, seen the out of alignment rear valence stripes against the bumper stripes. Bumper itself not on straight. Yes, very clearly had a rear arch repair and lacks detail finish. Yes, as you say that bonnet is all over the place compared with surrounding panels. Errr...for that money shouldn't is all be original and immaculate? Bit of a laugh in my opinion.

MR2 Fan
    it's been reduced to £8495 --- still seriously overpriced.

the one i've got - gary's old one - is worth a lot more than that (thankyou gary) plus the interior of mine looks a darn sight better too cos it's black n white and not blue

for 8495 i'd be expecting it to be in a lot better condition than it is.

MR2 Fan
    For that money I'd want two minters or three very good condition ones. I could literally have bought 10 of mine for that money. Even sinking in the same again on tweeks and tinkering I won't break £2k.

Maybe they are hoping Mike Brewer will come along and haggle hard to get it for £7k!

MR2 Fan
    what and get me old (ed) china to sort out for him lol think that even he'd have a right laugh cos they did do an MR2 up on wheeler dealers from what i remember..............

Yes I bought it but sadly it was way too far gone and they did a pretty poor job of it !! Chassis legs etc were completely rotten

MR2 Obsessive
    Which one did you buy Paul?

MR2 Fan
    if it's the one off wheeler dealers then i think it was a red mk1b t-bar --- is that right paul ?????