Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member possibly considering a mk1 s/c

MR2 Fan

New member possibly considering a mk1 s/c

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this site while looking for mk1 mr2's for sale a few weeks back, have just been looking about since then but decided to join up and introduce myself.

I live up north in Sunderland and owned a couple of mk1 mr2 t-bars in 2008/9 one of which was scrapped but the other may still be going strong, F956 MGU was the reg and it was a red T top. Since then I have mostly just had mk2;s (currently tidying up a revision 3 turbo) however I did not own a supercharged mk1 and the idea of that is quite appealing to me.

Not sure where would be best to start looking, I got a price from a local importer and they came back with £10k OTR in the uk

MR2 Obsessive
    Hi Ian and welcome. Superchargers come up for sale occassionally, check Ebay and the MR2 forums. £10000 is ridiculous but they are becoming rarer in Japan. The last one that went on here was the Super Edition which went for under £3000, there is one in the for sale section at the moment although it is from November 2012 and is up for £8000

Good luck with your search

Hi Ian, welcome along. £10k sounds about right from an importer, mad as it sounds. SCs do come up for sale from time to time at £3-4k but dont seem to hang round long when they do. Good luck in your search. Kris.

Welcome Ian

There seems to have been a lot of SCs changing hands recently (many to people who are returning to the club!) but a quick search brings up only three for sale at the mo - an Auto for £3k, and two manuals for £8k

I think just keep an eye on the classifieds, they do come up for sale at reasonable prices on a semi-regular basis, you just have to be pretty quick when they do!

Your other option, of course, would be to buy a tidy UK car and drop a supercharged lump in it. I recognise your username, actually - I think there might be a couple of people selling 4A-GZEs on IMOC at the mo...

Try another importer. JM Imports are close to you but they do seem to bring in the very best examples of Jap imports which fetch a premium.

Bet you could lift the engine out of this easily enough, too!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261030439426

Hi Ben et al, just to clarify the £8k SC up for sale, it was purchased for £7,250 as it had a documented 30,000 miles from new, and I've since spend a small fortune replacing any tired consumables, like shocks, springs, clutch, alternator etc, with genuine new Toyota parts. I was going to sell it in November as I has a new company car coming. So though I'd stick it up for what I felt was a reasonable price for its condition and providence. I've sort of decided to keep it for a while, but if the right offer came along 'may' sell. Hence the price. But as others have said, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Sorry Paul, didn't realise it was yours! To be honest I just had a quick skim through without paying attention to any of the details - on closer inspection it does look a fantastic car. I hope you get what you want for it

Hey, don't worry about it, just thought I'd clarify that it wasn't a daft price for a rotten crate!

If I ever sold it I'd just go and blow the money on something else daft like a twin turbo Supra or RX7...

Now my daily driver is a C350 CDi, everything feels a wee bit slow

That being said I still love the raw driving experience of the SC, something very simple and straightforward which is a refreshing change from technology and driver aids
    Last edited by EppingMk1SC; 19th April 2013 at 09:53 PM.