Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First MK1

MR2 Obsessive
    Is that not a MK1a splitter Dave?

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbydave View Post
    Its got mk1b seats and mk1b steering wheel also looks like a mk1b front bar. It looks to me mk1a's don;t rust as much as mk1b's nice car you will have there when you've finished
    It's not rusty as such, I think it needs a bit of welding. Was planning on getting the sill kits welded on just so I know they're done.

First plan is to get it running mechanically. It starts and runs fine but its not smooth so will get a video up soon and hopefully someone can help me!

I thought it was a mk1a from what the seller told me, not too bothered of its a mk1b though.

How would I go about getting the badges back on? Are they stickers or plastic glued on?

** Banned User **
    Its a mk1a splitter but the mk1a front bumper has a ridge on it normally

MR2 Newbie
    I have a disk where one of the previous owners has had the arches redone and the pictures before, after and during his shabby paint job. From these he has bog and fillered the splitter to the bumper so he may have bought the splitter separate not knowing its from the other model? Ill upload those pics soon.

MR2 Newbie
    Pictures from the disk:

Much prefer the first picture

Its deffo 1a, it has the aerial on the roof, the 1a dash & doorcards, & you can see the original 1a bumper, wheels & seats on some of the photos you have posted. Its important you know which version it is as a number of parts arent interchangable. What a shame the last owner decided to get rid of the 2 tone.... white over silver is a winning combination! Good luck with the project it will look great when done & it seems like a solid base.
    Last edited by Master-B; 22nd March 2013 at 01:49 PM.

** Banned User **
    Definately a mk1a but with mk1b bumpers and seats fitted. Kris look at the two bumper together

Thats an agressive front end Dave!

hi winniee,the white over siliver looked really nice, it would not take much work to make it like that again! you have a nice car there mate!

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbydave View Post
    Definately a mk1a but with mk1b bumpers and seats fitted. Kris look at the two bumper together
    More pics of this please! If that's the mk1a bumper then I want it! Also like them skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    Thats an agressive front end Dave!
    Definately!

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    hi winniee,the white over siliver looked really nice, it would not take much work to make it like that again! you have a nice car there mate!
    I'm not sure if I wanna do a full respray or flat and polish the current paint and just top it up best I can.

If I was going to go for a full respray though I'd probably go for a Red to be honest :/.

Is there anyway I can turn this to a project thread?