Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: F227 OVU - Mk1 Super Edition

hi ben
    i have the exact same shocks...unfortunately i am missing 2 of the adjusters...and they cant be got anywhere....i would strongley advise you adjust them to what you want and then remove them for safew keeping...even leave on in place and transfer it across if you need to adjust them... they lift up and there is a spring under the little flat head piece..total 3 pieces in them....
    also i finally have managed to get them pics of your car from over here together..so hopefully get all on disk soon and sent of to you...

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I've not had a play around with them yet, they're all on the softest setting and tbh it feels fine for road use. What do you have yours set on?

And cheers for organising the pics, that's really kind of you mate. I'll look forward to flicking through them!

here is the post i put up originally with pics so you can see exactly the setup of the adjuster
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...718#post116718

i have mine set to 2 i think it is i 2 or 3 one or the other LOL had them set midway for the nct testing so i could be sure they balanced... had a very close call the first time it was tested..

Interesting reading. Looks like we have an early set of KYB AGX shocks (or equivalent) judging bythe similarities in the adjusters:

yeah and they cant be got anymore from any of the enquiries i made before...even the adjusters cant be got seperately..all the more reason to put them somewhere safe so you cant loose them or that

Little progress update here, in case anyone's interested!

I've had a couple of intermittent problems lately, mostly electrical. The aftermarket alarm decided to go off of its own accord at the weekend, I had a poke around at the various sensors but to be honest I've not had time to investigate fully as I live in a residential area and I don't want to provoke a lynch-mob from the neighbours! Interestingly, it seems to have been fine since, so I'll keep an eye on that :S

On top of this, I started it yesterday morning and the CEL was on. Stopped a a petrol station down the road, filled it with petrol, and when I restarted the light had gone out and hasn't returned since!

I rather get the impression it's suffering from such lack of use over the last year or two - the more I drive it the smoother it seems to run, which is a good enough excuse for me!

In other news, I have just acquired a set of genuine Raybrig headlights along with some Bosch H4 bulbs for £40. Here's hoping the retaining screws aren't too rusted...

Incidentally, I know that 'modifying' this car is a big no-no - all I'm trying to do is give it a few sensible updates here and there, along with refreshing a few tired items - hence the pulley kit, Raybrigs, poly engine mounts, possible induction kit etc. The idea of this car for me is that it's a well-used, well-maintained example of a very rare car, and I want it to be one of the best SCs in the UK. For me this doesn't mean a 100% original, immaculate garage queen that never sees the light of day (and I'm sure there are people who would prefer it to be), but rather something that is tidy, solid, and drives absolutely spot on.

I will of course be keeping any original parts so that they can be returned to the car in future

MR2 Obsessive
    You can do what you like to it Ben, it's yours. Personally if I owned a car and found the seats uncomfortable I would change them (I did on mine I had a perfect set of original leather seats but I hated them so put Mk2 Turbo seats in). Glad to see you back in a MK1 though, now get your name down for Silverstone

True!

I like the seats though, so they'll stay

MR2 Obsessive
    Great stuff Ben, it was when you said in post #7 that you thought they were a bit uncomfortable I thought you could change them