It appears that quite a few people know I've bought this car, so this thread will come as no surprise!

So here's my new purchase. For those unfamiliar, it's a Mk1 Supercharger Super Edition, basically a JDM-spec SC with a few extra goodies thrown in as a run-out special edition. This is the car that Lauren and Mark owned for many years before spending a couple of years in NI in the hands of a Mk1 club member, before being returned to the UK by the chap who, after enjoying it for a year or so, sold it to me yesterday

It is a fantastically original car, very sound and remarkably rust-free. Some previous tin-rot under the rear-quarters looks to have been dealt with properly, and otherwise all of the paint is original as far as I can tell. In fact the only rust I can find on the car is a fairly nasty-looking scab above the windscreen, which will need attention at some point

As ever with new purchases there's a few bits that will need doing, but certainly nothing serious:

Thermostat needs replacing - temp gauge never goes above 1/3

Obligatory slight t-bar leak (will start with some rubber conditioner and see where we go - Pingi is already on order though!)

The front tyres are due replacing, will probably do all four

I originally thought that some of the engine-bay rubber pipes were a bit knackered, but on closer inspection it just looks like they all have a layer of some sort of engine-bay dressing which is drying and flaking off.

Alignment will need sorting, so will take it down to Zeca (chap who built Pete's SC many years ago) to make sure everything's pointed in the right direction.

There's a bit of belt squeal from the 'charger at high revs

So nothing too serious really - all of this is pretty easy to address. Otherwise I'll just be making sure everything is ready and in order for its trip to Le Mans in June 8)

Anyway, I know you like pics so I've taken plenty for you! I've tried to include detailed photos of all the Super Edition 'extras', as I know there has been a bit of interest around this as well...

Nasty-looking rust bit

Mirror-polished teardrops (surpisingly hard to photograph!)

Recaro interior

Slightly faded on the driver's seat

Momo wheel

Old-school tunes!

Momo gear-knob (does say Momo on the top, but it's pretty much worn away)

SE door-cards

Mirror t-bar