Enjoying you thread man!

MR2 Obsessive
    looking good
    cant wait for my ride out
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

Cheers guys

I couldn't find an exedy clutch for the 212mm flywheel

No? If you're still after one I can ask where Rogue sourced it?

I bought a Toyota Corolla T-Sport clutch which is an exact fit for £125 from Fensport - that can stand up to the rigors the exedy can

I was looking for a stage 2 clutch so that's maybe why.

MR2 Enthusiast
    I am looking at whiteline arb, are your whiteline ARBs adjustable? If so what setting do you use. I think the fronts have 3 settings and the rear have 2.

They are, yes. I can't remember what setting they're on and the car's in at the bodyshop at the moment. Will have a look for you when it comes back.

Well, the old girl has had a busy time since January! First of all it went into a local body-shop to have the rusty windscreen bit sorted once and for all. No pics yet, sadly, the chap who did the work said he is going to develop the photos he took and post them to me (yep, one of those places! ) so when I get them I'll bung 'em up. I'm very happy with the work though, you'd never guess it's had anything done and it even now has an original bronxe windscreen fitted

The bodyshop took a little longer than expected, so I didn't manage to collect it until the day before the tyrack-day I had booked at Bedford. All the servicing was up to date so I was happy with that, but still I was a little nervous at having barely driven it since November to be hacking it round a track!

I needn't have worried, of course, the car took everything thrown at it and then some. The 'charger sounds awesome with the big pulley kit (now running 1 Bar) and the whiteline ARBs make a huge difference. It's made the car a lot more pointy and direct, which took a little getting used to at first as it can be a little tail-happy with the extra power and the LSD, but once you get a feel for it it can be incredibly nimble.

Here's my first outing on camera - I was experimenting with tyre pressures and got them a bit wrong, so the rear was pretty wayward (as I found out at the end of the lap! ale: ). Phil will tell you how easy this is to do when you're not expecting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWTodLRltFw

I came back in, played with the tyre pressures again and had another go. Much more controllable, still a bit tail-happy bit in a good way IYSWIM, it means you can really steer the car on the throttle. Feedback is fantastic as well, and I had not problems with brake fade at all, the braided lines and Yellowstuff pads worked perfectly all day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiC2xicySfs

Couple of pics from Bedford:

After that - home, check-over, proper wash/wax and a month of occasional driving while I wait for summer to arrive. And then last Friday I headed up north for a day at Blyton Park. This is comparatively a much smaller and narrower circuit than Bedford, but has some very technical corners and is without doubt harder on both car and driver. The SC again behaved impeccably all day, apart from briefly scaring the bejaysus out of me when it popped off an ignition lead when I launched it out of the pits ale:

Here's my best recorded run from the day. As you can see I'm starting to get more confident in sliding the car here and there (not in a 'drift' sense, but as a way of steering the car on the throttle). The second half of the track in particular has a lovely double-apex corner that you can get a good four-wheel drift round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-Np2b8J-c

And some more pics:

Next up, Castle Combe