Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ** Info - Downtime on 21st December **

** Info - Downtime on 21st December **

Hi all,

Please be aware that the website and forum will be down for most of tomorrow daytime from 9am. This is due to some performance issues with the current server. It's a little slow at times and some of you may have noticed it not even loading every now and then and just giving you a vbulletin error like below:

This should be the final server move for the foreseeable future, so any other downtime will be for minor upgrades and tweaks and should be only an hour at most.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi all,

Apologies for the forum being down over the last few days. The move to the new server was completed but for some reason the website was coming up as a blank white screen. I've redirected it back to the original hosting whilst I get the new server working. Please feel free to post as usual as all content will be moved to the new website when I've resolved the issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
    Tom

I feel your pain, been there and got the t-shirt ! Forum server/software changes always seem to be a pain. Well done for getting it back up
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Mk1 Club Committee Members
    Well done Tom! (You're supposed to have a period of holiday and relaxation during this festive period!).
    I wish you and Tommy all the best for the New Year and hope everything goes smoothly for 2013.
    Cheers,

Stuart

Tom,
    Tapatalk seems to have stopped working on the forum since the move/redirection. Are we to assume it will have to wait until the move finally goes ahead? Its not a problem, just letting you know.
    Keep up the good work.
    Douglas

MR2 Obsessive
    I have no idea what tapatalk is Douglas but happy birthday, I thought I was old.... When are we putting your engine back in?

Hi Douglas,

Yes, I think Tapatalk is falling down because of the domain redirection. I think I've come across a fix for the 'white page', so will try that out this weekend.

Cheers,
    Tom

PS: When are we putting your engine back in?

Hi all,

Right, I've cracked the white screen issue!

I'll organise one night this week, probably Wednesday, to make the move back to the proper mr2mk1club.com domain name. All posts etc. that have been created in the last few weeks will be moved also, so no worries there!

Time for a drink me thinks!

Cheers,
    Tom

hi tom , well done mate and thanks for all the hard work put in to this site .

gary

MR2 Obsessive
    About time Tom

Only joking well done mate, when are we having our meeting I need to know as I will pop into Costco and get 18 bottles of red wine in advance