Thread: 5th time owner!!!

5th time owner!!!

Hi all. Well back in the club! Number 5 bought today, been a couple of years but now I've got a bit time on my hands I've invested in a nice red mk1a ( I think). Ha ha. Used to be up near Stanley with Michael in that club, then moved to Poole, now living in Ireland so got a hobby again! Nice to see you all again.

Hi there Drew,

Welcome back to the club!

I still miss my 1a; they're a bit more special than the 1b's. Get some pictures up of yours if you can. Does it need any work doing before you can enjoy it?

There's plenty of folks over on your side of the pond, so hopefully by next summer you'll be going out on some drives and meets!

Keep us up to date with the car.

Cheers,
    Tom

Thanks Tom, I have uploaded a picture to the garage, it doesnt need any work really. I have a few things in mind though. First of all, replace the coolant. In fact, first of all, wash, hoover and polish. The arches are really good if not immaculate, the rest of the bodywork is great. the interior is great too. I bought this one so that I dont have to spend big money on big parts, just little money on lots of little parts Ha Ha

any way, check out the garage photo uploaded today and see if anyone knows any hisotry of this one. I believe the previous owers had it for 5 years and the one before for 7 years. & owners in total.

thanks again!