Thread: Next years north west events.

Threaded View

MR2 Fan

Next years north west events.

Hi guys,

With the gloomy nights and cold weather looming in and signalling the end of yet another great year of drive outs, shows and camping, as ever the optimist, I'm already looking forward to doing it all again next year!

I just wanted to test the water on a couple of things. Now as I'm involved in a big way with the NW MR2OC I'd love to bring my two favourite groups together a bit more.

I'd love it if I could tag those guys on the Mk1 Peaks and Lakes run! In return and in light of Bill wanting someone else to take over the lead on the Wales run next year, it just so happens that we're putting together a route around Wales using some local contacts with great local knowledge and the Mk1s could join us on that.

I've also been chatting with Kris about adding a bit more of a social aspect to the drives. Maybe a bit longer for lunch with a bit more of a focus on a lunch time destination. Such as when we stopped at that car museum, it gave us all time to get out the cars and have a chat. What do the rest of you think?

I was playing with some dates spread out over the year for the above mentioned drives and away from other events and came up with something like...

March 24th
    June 23rd
    Sept 22nd

The other thing is the Oulton Park car show.
    I'll be organising a stand for the NW MR2OC + friends so when the times comes to send off application, I was thinking it would make sense to request neighbouring plots, and maybe even send off the applications together?

I'll take no offence if no one is interested, just putting the idea out there?
    Last edited by Rick McRick; 25th October 2012 at 03:35 PM.