Thread: Great Alloys

Great Alloys

They are the rights stud pattern but i dont know if the offset is correct....but how cool would these look on a MK1.

I realise alloys a re a very personal taste but i think these would look great on a MK1a with no side skirts - nice wide aggressive stance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Compomotiv...item3f1db31843

ET 40 should fit a MK1 OK, but 195 x 50 on an 8" rim is stretching it a bit !
    Last edited by jimi; 19th October 2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

** Banned User **
    They would look mint but they are ET10 jimi not to sure they would fit might have to adjust the arches or stretch the tyres

I totally misread that ad, I've no idea where I got the 40 from, it says ET 0. Which basically means you have 4 inches of wheel going inwards from the hub face and 4 inches sticking out from the hub face, so they they would stick out considerably from the wheel arch ( I reckon around 43mm further out than a standard MK1 teardrop)
    195 Tyres will be stretched on 8" wheels, the max recommended size for 195 is 7" For 8" you really need something more like 215 x 45. Nice wheels but not worth the hassle in that size IMHO
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

** Banned User **
    Don't know where I got 10 from either. These would be ideal if you had rotting arches. You could cut the rot out and fit fibreglass wide arches.