Name:	mk1a-4.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mk1a-5.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	503

Firstly, this is not for sale by me but I thought I would try to help out.

The car had a MR2 MK1 Club sticker in the windscreen so someone may be familiar with it.
    Reg : C624 TAP
    The car is HPI clear

As some of you may know, I have been looking for a mk1a for a while. I VERY nealy bought this today but have a sniff of a chance of a blue MK1a which is what I really want....so have decided to pass it by.

The car is a 1986 with 127k miles on it. No history as it was sold as part of the previous owners estate after he died.
    The car was in storage for three years until recently being taken out and sailing straight through an MOT.
    It has been resprayed but to a decent enough standard......NOT immaculate though.
    Upon inspection I believe it has had new front wings and either very original or replacement rear quarters. I could find no filler on the car.
    It started perfectly and ran well. The clutch was light, the gear change excellent and it drove great.
    No knocks or significant rattles (minor trim rattles etc).
    Handling was crisp and tight.
    The car has been thoroughly under sealed.

The interior has been nicely retrimmed in black and red leather. Its a nice quality job.
    It has a JVC stereo and a parrot Bluetooth kit

the bad bits:
    The car could do with a service having sat around for a while but I would have no worries driving it 100 miles home based on the test drive.
    The rear valance just above the exhaust has rust. Relatively easy repair.
    The roof has minor bubbling above the screen. The usual poor screen fit issue. It is pretty minor though and could be repaired quite simply by someone with the right skills.
    There are a few minor paint chips
    The front passenger side headlamp needs readjusting. Nothing major
    The headlamp cover has some paint crazing on one side.
    Both bumpers have paint defects on the lower halves. This did not worry me as I was going to rub down the lower halves and bring hem back to black bumpered.
    The alloys.....in my opinion they are not right for he MR2. Hey are however pretty new and excellent condition. They are 16 inch with excellent Verdstein tyres all round. Apparently these were £800.

The seller was a genuine honest guy called Tony. He is moving house (very nice house too) and so needs to let it go..
    He is after £1100 for the car.
    I need have nothing to do with the sale...just thought I would post in case it helped anyone who is looking.
    Tony can be reached on 01293 851693
    The car is located near Gatwick airport south of London.

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Cheers.

Chrys
    Last edited by cchrysos; 3rd October 2012 at 08:47 PM.