Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Owner Of E666 FLH

MR2 Lurker

Happy Owner Of E666 FLH

hi my name is neil i recently purchased E666 FLH The guy i brought if from reccomended this site. so i thought id give it ago!!

He also said he brought off somebody from this site?? so if anybody could give me any more info it would be greatly appricaiated.

Hi and welcome! It was cabbydave and then rickmcrick who owned the car prior to tommo, so its well known to the club. If you do a search on some of last years runs it features in plenty of pics where are you based?

** Banned User **
    What do you want to know about it? i owned it for about 2 years before I sold it to Rick. I've got a few photo's of it having the arches done if you want them. I bought it off aa asian in Bradford who had only owned it about a week but before he had it it was owned by a old couple in north Manchester. They got ripped off a lot by various garages who eventually told them the car was scrap because one of the rear subframes was corroded , yeah right £15 on ebay. While I owned it apart from servicing it ha d a new exhaust and a clutch,I also changed the interior from blue to black infact i've still got the black headlining for it if you want it
    Any questions just ask I think I know a bit about that car. A picture of it outside Mr Scripps Garage

** Banned User **

A couple more

Welcome along Neil!

MR2 Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbydave View Post
    What do you want to know about it? i owned it for about 2 years before I sold it to Rick. I've got a few photo's of it having the arches done if you want them. I bought it off aa asian in Bradford who had only owned it about a week but before he had it it was owned by a old couple in north Manchester. They got ripped off a lot by various garages who eventually told them the car was scrap because one of the rear subframes was corroded , yeah right £15 on ebay. While I owned it apart from servicing it ha d a new exhaust and a clutch,I also changed the interior from blue to black infact i've still got the black headlining for it if you want it
    Any questions just ask I think I know a bit about that car. A picture of it outside Mr Scripps Garage
    It looks good in the photo outside Mr Scripps. the car is in good condition for its age but like every car i buy it just needs a few niggles sorting. Didi you ever have problems with overfueling? I'm getting a very strong petrol smell everytime i accelerate.

the interior is deffinatly better in black, but i think i'll leave the headlining thanks it looks an absolute nightmare to change.

MR2 Obsessive
    There is a fuel breather filter in the engine bay that is often the cause of petrol smells in the cabin. You can either replace it or reroute the breather pipe. Try a search for petrol smell and you should get some more info

MR2 Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    There is a fuel breather filter in the engine bay that is often the cause of petrol smells in the cabin. You can either replace it or reroute the breather pipe. Try a search for petrol smell and you should get some more info
    Thank you very much. I'll have to have a look this weekend realy hope its something simple. Another question where can i get the bearings and bushes for my alternator? Its a little noisey.

MR2 Obsessive
    I would take your alternator to a reconditioner, around us they normally charge about £60-£70 and they do all the hard work

** Banned User **
    Its not hard to change the headlining, if you come over to Stockport bring it to mine and I will help you do it. Check the fuel filler pipe hasn't got a hole in it or the filter in the engine bay with the pipe that runs down the chassis leg isn't blocked. If your filler neck has rusted through I do have one i've just removed from the one that I am sending to the scapyard in the sky as the chassis leg is to rotten. I have removed every good panel or part panel on it so it will keep a few more on the road. I did discover why the chassis leg had rusted out it was because of a accident the car must have suffered at some point in its life that obviously hadn't bee repaired to withstand the British weather.