Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Meet/Play Day - Saturday October 13th

Ouch, I was hoping you'd go the other way and say it's not too bad. I'll get to stripping it down this weekend and see how bad it gets. Cabbydave, that might be a lifesaver, I guess it would be less effort than making repair panels from scratch. Would you want anything for them?

** Banned User **
    If it will keep your car on the roas just the price of the cutting discs I use have a look how I did it I unpicked one side of the chassis leg so I could get a good strong weld from inside then plugged the part I unstitched back onthen you can just make the leg look nice with a thin skim of filler and grind the plug welds down to make a neat job

** Banned User **
    Make sure you take measurements first if you need me to scan and post the correct measurements from the toyota workshop manual I will

Blimey! Them there are some SCARY pictures Dave!

** Banned User **
    Thats nothing. When you see a car thats having a complete side put in it that can get scarey

Dave, cut out the radiator support you cant get them from mr T anymore, Gary had to fabricate one not long ago.
    Bill.

** Banned User **
    Good plan Bill its still got a toyota sticker on it. Anything else I should cut out apart from the roof as i've got plans for that.

Right, well the good news is I had a good poke around on the OS and it's solid so doesn't need any welding doing on that side. From what I can tell, what you see is what needs doing. I'm struggling with getting the front bumper off, feeling pretty stupid atm.

Dave: Sorry I didn't get in touch, ended up being out of contact with the internet for 24 hours after I messaged you.

So do people fancy a bit of a gathering this Saturday? As I said, bring along any jobs you might need doing as I love tinkering and I've got the tools/space

I'm out unfortunately.

Been selected to do some overtime on Saturday and after my recent spending splurge could do with the extra money! Have fun all those that go!

Cheers,
    Tom

** Banned User **
    Front bumper can be a bit of a pig have you got a long strong arm? you will also need a 14mm 6 point socket and a 17 mm 6 point socket and a extension plus a 10mm for the top of the bumper dont for get the two nuts either side under the eyebrows and the nasty nasty ones that join the bumper to the wing that always rust to death those could need a meet with mr dremmel and a grinding stone