Thread: Yorkshire Meet/Play Day - Saturday October 13th

Threaded View

Yorkshire Meet/Play Day - Saturday October 13th

Right, bit of a long shot as I know I'm not an established member, but... Would anyone consider a meet in Sheffield (similar to the 1 organised by Douglas and Tom) where I have a fairly kitted out garage (lots of tools, jacks, pillar drill, grinder, welder, etc.) and also a poorly MR2 that requires a bit of attention in the form of some welding to the chassis rails?
    I have decent spanner sense and I'll take on most jobs but despite owning a welder, I have never done anything complicated with it. I would obviously provide lots of food & drink of whatever type and anyone can come and use my tools and chat/swap advice & stories, get bits done to their car with possibly the aim of patching up the front of mine to MOT standard...

There might be a chance to scavenge any bits of my car if someone condemns it too so it could turn into an autojumble...

There's plenty of drive space around mine and I'm pretty close to some very good driving roads (Fulwood is on the RHS of this map http://goo.gl/maps/GFOzG).

I'm pretty flexible on dates but I guess it would be better to do it before the winter weather sets in so I've suggested a fortnights time to try and beat the freeze...

Available on 13th/14th
    Samwell
    Coverco
    Maybe - tommundy & julianw

Available on 20th
    Samwell
    Tommundy
    Last edited by samwell; 4th October 2012 at 02:01 PM.