Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this supercharger original?

Is this supercharger original?

Ok...so not ebay but Pistonheads but didnt know where best to post

Does anyone know this car? Is this an original colour?
    It states its a low weight model with tin top, wind up windows and no skirts.
    Tin top i have seen, wind up windows i have only seen on low end US models and never seen an SC without skirts....anyone know if this is a factory spec?
    Its RHD so i assume Japanese rather than USA car.
    Seems like a decent price for a reasonable spec car...had some nice improvements done.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4243847.htm

Cheers

Chrys

Ive seen on t'interweb someone in Canada with a SC that had keep fit windows from new, so its possible.

I do believe that is the front end crash repaired SC I have mentioned a few times.

Does it need to be original? Looks like a good buy to me.

Nice colour...

So this is the infamous crashed one. As long as the repair is done correctly I agree it seems a good price and it must be done correctly or it would have failed the MOT's since. I would probably want a lot more than that for mine (not crashed)

Did I mention that I liked the colour.....
    Last edited by Kateg28; 19th September 2012 at 10:14 AM.

Original is not massively important...i just wondered as it gives an indication of what amount of work may have been done if it is a colour change etc.

Front end is only a concern if it was declared a write off as some classic insurance companies wont insure Category listed cars.

Cheers

Oh..and yes Kate...nice colour!

I'd snap his hand off

Personally, although I love the colour, if I was in the market for a SC, I'd be snapping up the bargain SE which has just been posted in the forsale section.

Yes...the SC SE does look great. Funnily enough i stumbled across this very car when searching last night after MK1dal mentioned painting a car in SE blue. I had never seen one before and now teh very car i was looking at is up for sale!

Shame about the rust scab on the roof. I have seen a few of these before from poor windscreen fitting and some get really bad underneath the screen. Hopefully this one can be sorted easily.

Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Yes...the SC SE does look great. Funnily enough i stumbled across this very car when searching last night after MK1dal mentioned painting a car in SE blue. I had never seen one before and now teh very car i was looking at is up for sale!

Shame about the rust scab on the roof. I have seen a few of these before from poor windscreen fitting and some get really bad underneath the screen. Hopefully this one can be sorted easily.
    Easy fix, I really wouldn't let that put you off.

I've just been offered a new job - i'm severely tempted....