Thread: Mk1b Front Calipers

Mk1b Front Calipers

Hi all,

I just found these in my shed. Mk1b front brake calipers. I replaced these with my twin pot celica GT4 brake calipers.

From memory I had only replaced the seals 9 months before hand and since May last year they have been in my shed. The slider seals were also replaced as I used the 'BigRed' seal kit.

They need a clean up and spray but the seals from the photos and in person are excellent.

£40.00 plus £10.00 postage unfortunately as they are quite lardy or you can come and collect them yourself

Cheers

MR2 Fan
    Hmmm, even though I've just ordered the seal kit, I am still tempted. It'd be nice to be able to refurb a set and just swap the calipers over rather than have them off the car for (potentially) days.

Decisions, decisions.

Well let me know

MR2 Obsessive
    Alex I think £10 postage is a bit low if you are using Royal Mail. Their latest price increase was massive

MR2 Fan
    Dunno about the postage; that seems in line with ebayer listed calipers right now. Not necessarily Royal Mail, but the same as.

Superwhite, you're probably best ignoring me as a buyer. For a start I can't decide what to do, and even when I've decided there's no certainty to when I'll do it.

I bet if you gave them a clean up (ready to paint) you'd get a good price on ebay or elsewhere.

I might give them a clean up - I thought £40 was expensive - obv not

I try not to use royal snail to be honest.

If I clean them up and spray em, how much you think I should put em up for then? £80?