Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introduction

introduction

hello ladies & gents,

quick message from me to say hello - I'll be lurking around learning a bit more about the cars, I've got a friend who's looking for a MK1 at the mo.

my own project is a 180sx with an RB25DET engine swap (converted to twin turbo & stroked up to 2.65litres using a GTR crank & 1mm o/s pistons) , so I know all about the fun of older japanese cars.

if anyone has any immediate advice or leads about where to find a car that's N/A, doesn't have any rusty holes and is mechnically OK - though doesn't necessarily need to be perfect cosmetically, I'd be all ears. If it's not too far away from the Bury/Bolton area in the North West, that'd be a bonus.

next thing I'll be asking for the moon on a stick..

Rick McRick isnt far away from you & is looking to sell as soon as he sorts an ignition issue. Its fundementally solid but would need a lot of cosmetic improvement!

that sounds fairly promising. an ignition issue isn't a deal breaker anyhow, as long as it'll make it's way back home.

Only issue with mine is the rear arches and a TVIS issue which is being sorted at the end of the month.

But i'm undecided if I can really sell it or not, but i'm not close to you

cheers for the messages chaps, will point my mate this way

have a few lined up to look at so will post back as to the results

Welcome along, there are a few Mk1'ers in your area.

If you find any examples forsale you are interested in, post the details/pictures up and we can cast our experienced eyes over them and offer advice?

You on the SXOC/Driftworks?

Ollie

yeah, I'm pretty active over on the SXOC. cheers for the offer, tis appreciated, we've been to see one so far that was over in Boston with a few problems. turns out the problems were worse than expected and there was no movement on the price unfortunately so walked away. 'twas a bugger to have a long drive to come away with nothing but better that than a money pit.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by alanjuggler View Post
    that sounds fairly promising. an ignition issue isn't a deal breaker anyhow, as long as it'll make it's way back home.
    Hi, and welcome.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of pics of your SX

As for my Mk1, come and take a look, it's much easier than describing it, you're more than welcome. I'm just over Wigan way.

Kris has summed it up quite well. The previous owner (a member on here) welded up all the problem areas (arches, sills...) and sold it to me as an incomplete project. The car it's self is solid but has a little surface rust, is a number of shades of white and the interior is a bit of a mix of colour and the whole thing needs a general tart up.

Currently I'm getting power all the way to the coil/igniter but no spark out the other side. I'm going to have one last crack at getting it going this week/weekend then it's being sold as is, going or not.

that kind of ignition issue is a little more than we could manage, ideally he's hoping to find something driveable / MOTed.

we're currently looking at a red t-bar in northampton that looks rather good - going on an ebay auction at the mo.

might actually have some news tomorrow about whether he gets it.

if any of you want to look at my 180sx project - it's here:

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...-project-180sx
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 19th April 2012 at 12:13 PM.

MR2 Fan
    The SX is looking good!

Good luck with the auction, I hope you pick up a bargain.