Thread: 1988 Mk1 For Sale. Good project car for somebody with the time.

MR2 Lurker

1988 Mk1 For Sale. Good project car for somebody with the time.

1988 F REG
    135000 miles
    Currently has MOT till June 2012.
    I bought this car last year and have run it up until last week with no problem. It starts first time everytime and has no problems with the gearbox or engine. . The only mechanical issue is that the shock absorbers have a light misting of oil.

Reason for sale is that both rear wheel arches will need repairing. The o/s one is not too bad, I have ground down the metal to the states shown in the picture and rust proofed.
    The n/s one is in a lot worse condition. Part of the inner wing has corroded and needs replacing.

I have contemplated doing this but due to personal reasons, currently moving house, I do not think I will have the time for some time and I am not sure if I can keep it garaged during that time . Plus I am not sure it would be economical to have this done professionally but if you are able to do this yourself it would not cost too much.

I had it checked over by a friends dad who is a mechanic with 30 years experience and in his opinion with the arch work and new front shocks sorted it would be a great car.
    The interior is almost unmarked and is in great condition.

Currently it is being sold without tax although it has a disc currently till Feb 13. The value for this alone is worth £180 and if the buyer wishes to keep this for that price to be able to drive it home I more than happy to sort this.
    The steering wheel is not part of the sale of the car, the original will go back in although can sell extra if you wish.

I am not sure how to add photos onto here although can either email/text them to anybody who wishes.

Best to contact on 07979 597690.

MR2 Lurker
    Sorry, forgot to add price - £450.

pm'ed

pm'd