Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yorkshire Monthly Meet with a difference! - Saturday 21st April

MR2 Obsessive
    I agree Douglas and as the old saying goes " many hands make light work".

Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    I agree Douglas and as the old saying goes " many hands make light work of a plate full of biscuits".
    Edited.

Any update on this Douglas? The reverse operation is eagerly anticipated!

PS: There's still a certain someone's engine at my mum's house

Hi Tom,

Sorry not much to report. Been lots of things going on so haven't been able to spent much time on the Fox. Engine is all cleaned and painted and about half the engine bay done. I hoped to get it finished this week but have been laid low with a nasty tummy bug for the past fortnight. Latest plan is to get the engine and gearbox back in before December then spent the winter months putting the interior back in and cleaning up the bodywork ready for a paint job next year. I know I have said that before - many times, but hopefully this time I will get it done!!!

p.s. I will arrange to pick up the spare engine once mine is in and running, if that's ok with you.

Regards

Douglas

Right, bit of a long shot as I know I'm not an established member, but... Would anyone consider a similar meet in Sheffield where I have a fairly kitted out garage (lots of tools, jacks, pillar drill, grinder, welder, etc.) and also a poorly MR2 that requires a bit of attention in the form of some welding to the front?
    I have decent spanner sense and I'll take on most jobs but despite owning a welder, I have never done anything complicated with it. I would be happy to provide food/drinks of whatever type and anyone can come and use my tools and chat/swap advice & stories, get bits done to their car with possibly the aim of patching up the front of mine to MOT standard...

There's plenty of drive space around mine and I'm pretty close to some very good driving roads (Fulwood is on the RHS of this map http://goo.gl/maps/GFOzG).

I'm pretty flexible on dates but I guess it would be better to do it before the winter weather sets in...

Tommy,

I thought I would reply to you over here as I dont want to hijack the original thread.

Tapatalk is an app for smartphones and tablets designed for reading/writing to online forums. It needs to be set up on the form as well as the phone.

I am sorry to say that the engine is in! My son was over for a week in November and we managed to get it back in between us. I haven't run it yet as I still need to finish the manual choke wiring - hopefully this next week or two should see it finished. The front wings and valance are on so things are moving on. Hope to have it ready for the respray by Easter and then out on the road. I will arrange a meet for when its finished!!!

Best Wishes for the New Year

Douglas

MR2 Obsessive
    No problem Douglas, I am just glad to hear you are moving forward, the Paul Woods manual choke is a brilliant bit of kit and well worth fitting. Hopefully you can come to Tatton this year or at least get out on some of the runs.

Glad you've made good progress Douglas!

Looking forward to seeing it out on the road!