Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport BC Replica two piece front lip

Club Technical Advisor

Woodsport BC Replica two piece front lip

Hi folks, anyone remember the famous Buddy club front lip for the Mk1 that used to be available many moons ago? No longer in production i decided to produce this replica that is the same as the original BC lip except it is now a two piece design exactly like the OEM Mk1b lip is.

This means it will fit perfectly and bolt on to the factory bolt holes.

You cannot buy this lip anywhere, they are the holy grail of Mk1 bodykit parts, a more aggressive and beefier styled version of the Mk1b lip this design has proved extremely popular in Japan and the US.

It will also fit a Mk1a with slight modification, more on that below.

For now here is the original lip fitted to a Mk1....

Here is the Woodsport replica version in new two piece form, ignore the Mk1 it's bolted to, it's just a scrap car i use for product testing...

As you can see our version has the two piece OEM join, just like the Mk1b lip...

This is a quality product with perfect fitment (assuming your Mk1 front end is straight!)

The lip will only require light sanding of the gelcoat surface before painting.

To get this lip to fit onto a Mk1a will require this area removing, very straight forward....

This lip is not cheap to produce so it does have a bit of a price tag, but for those that know what it is they are buying will know they are impossible to get hold of. Quite simply the best looking aftermarket lip you can get.

They are £190 each and £20 postage, i'm currently running a group buy on Twobrutal and we have 3 confirmed takers, if we can get that number to 10 the price will come down to £170 per lip and £20 postage.

Any questions just ask, thanks Paul.
    Last edited by Woodsport; 6th April 2012 at 05:09 PM.

Club Technical Advisor
    I should add, if you wish to order one on the current group buy please add your name below... production time will be around 2-3 weeks depending on how many final orders we get, i'm putting one on my own project car with flared arches, this was the pre 2 piece version... and i still have work to do in the arch area.

MR2 Obsessive
    would love to get my name down but no many at the mo... but one day
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

I am definitely but will have to wait til end of the month due to finances...

Club Technical Advisor
    We have 15 of them being shipped out worldwide next week, this means i can knock £20 off the price.

Can I wait until the end of the month though Paul?

May be getting another job which'll open up a huge pot of cash for more things to buy

Club Technical Advisor
    Of course, i'll do that no problem.

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Paul, I've only just found out about these. Am I too late? As I will definately 100% have one, money waiting

Club Technical Advisor
    Actually you're in luck, one of the US buyers is messing me around, so you could take his lip if you want. You are still entitled to the £20 saving so if you could send £190 to paul@woodsport.org that would be great. I am sending them all out this week.

Thanks Paul.

MR2 Newbie
    Money sent, Paul. Thanks mate. I could do with having a chat actually, I'll look up your number on you website?