Thread: Drive out, BBQ, Camping (Cheshire) - April 28th

MR2 Fan

Drive out, BBQ, Camping (Cheshire) - April 28th

Hi Guys,

This isn't an event as such.

Basically I have access to a 3 acre field in Frodsham, Cheshire, so I thought, lets make the most of it, and get all my mates there, have a BBQ, and optionally have a few drinks and camp over.

I'm asking some of my personal friends, and my friends from the two car clubs I'm most active with, here and MR2OC (you have mixed a few time when I have brought MR2OC friends as passengers on MK1 drive outs, and at the great annual MR2OC/MR2MK1Club go karting event so it's not like your all strangers).

One of the guys local to the area has also arrange a 70 mile drive out that you're welcome to attend prior to the field meet.

All you need to bring is yourselves, a disposable BBQ, food, drink and a tent, and if anyone could bring some fire wood that would help greatly.

I'm supplying a field with car access and room for camping and merriment.

Ok, the catch, I would ask everyone who wants to come to pay £5 to me way in advance to cover the hire of a portaloo and anything else I might have to shell out for. Any money left over I will put to communal food/soft drinks/fire wood or refund people.

The drive out is meeting at Lymm services at 10am following this route

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msi...2f938cf0&msa=0

And the field will be open after that.

You can send me your 5ers via pay pal to RickMcRick@hotmail.com AS A GIFT or PM for my bank details or give it me in person.

So who's interested?

Any questions?

I was just being nosey and used Google Street View to look at the destination and there's a rather interesting looking red car on the road. Think it could be an old MG? Click on this link and then drag the peg man (above the zoom bar) onto the street and look north.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msi...02672,0.004823

MR2 Fan
    Yeah I spotted that when I was street viewing it myself, nice little motor, I've never seen it around there in real life though.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    Im going!
    You hanging round for the virgin roasting dude or just the drive?

just the drive fella - i might stop for a swift blue becks, but it turns out i have tickets for rhod gilbert that evening so wouldnt be hanging round long enough for the roast

MR2 Newbie
    On the proviso that my car is working i could be tempted to burn some money on this!
    Alex

MR2 Fan
    No probs, if you wanna come on the drive then just turn up at Lymm services, it will be mostly Mk2s until we get some more from here interested.

If you also wanna join us for the BBQ and camping slip me a 5er to cover the cost of the facilities and you'll be more than welcome.

Sorry I cant make it Rick - sounds like lots of fun but unfortunately I am working - have fun!

MR2 Fan
    No probs dude, see you tomorrow?