Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retiring

MR2 Fan
    Bill - you've been great at organising things, your successor has a lot to live up to. You made every meet worth coming to. Will be sad to see you step down, but I hope you'll still be along for the meets.

Kris - Are you going to step up to the challenge?!

You've set the mark high Bill! Welcoming, well organised, highly active, supportive. You've brought all these qualities to the club and made the North West region the same. Thanks Bill. It is a pleasure knowing you and to have joined the club during your tenure.
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McRick View Post

Kris - Are you going to step up to the challenge?!
    Not sure I have enough spare time mate, we might have to go "team north west" on it if no-one puts their hand up.

Might not be a bad idea Kris?

We need someone who has spare time and a drive for it, pardon the pun and bit like, well errrrr Bill.

Failing that it might need to be a team effort?

If no one person can commit, I reckon team effort could be the future, seems to work well over on MR2OC, they still have an LAO but he delegates - it looks quite competitive to see who can dream up the best meet.
    Last edited by Master-B; 5th April 2012 at 03:35 PM.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    If no one person can commit, I reckon team effort could be the future, seems to work well over on MR2OC, they still have an LAO but he delegates - it looks quite competitive to see who can dream up the best meet.
    The MR2OC meet at a different place every month, usually for food.

It's the Regional Reps responsibility to organise this.

The limitation is that the RR mostly only knows his local area, so this year he came up with the 'Come Dine With Me' style where by each month a name is picked out the hat and we travel to that members local area and they recommend and organise a good eatery.
    There was some talk of a prize for the best meet at the end of the year.

In the short term you guys could come along to the MR2OC meets until we organise something else? They loved my Mk1 when I turned up in it and at the next meet I believe SnowTiger of TwoBrutal will joining us in his Mk1 V6 2GR-FE conversion.

If anyone is interested I'll pass the details on over here.

MR2 Obsessive
    I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    I am glad in live in Yorkshire, you Lancashire people are so dramatic

Seriously though Bill is a hard act to follow, we all love Tatton and the runs in the chilly North. Let's wait until June at Tatton and try to convince Bill to keep doing what he does best and that is gathering us all together to get drunk and talk about MK1s. Let's make Tatton the best attended show ever to show Mr Hulme how much he means to us
    +1

Meetings?

I like Douglas (The Silver Fox) and Tom Mundy's idea - 'a Yorkshire meet with a difference' - all hands to the pump to help him get his engine out. Is this something that other members would like to pursue? The opportunity to blitz some part of their maintenance or restoration work with extra hands/tools/experience? (There is always the danger that month after month, a big group would descend on Gary/mk1dal's garage and stand around drinking tea while watching him do his virtuoso work but that's not my intention at all!). There are many jobs that I just don't tackle on my car, or at least start with a large dose of trepidation (cries of 'You wuss!' 'Have at it, lad!' etc.) for a lack of moral support/backup/shoulder to cry on etc. Does anyone else suffer with this affliction?

I agree and am in a similar situation to Chris above. Would mean we end up touring the North West a bit as well so may get some more visitors?