Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible overnight 2 day run!!!

Smile Possible overnight 2 day run!!!

hello all.
    colin and myself are consdiering the possibilty of trying to organise a 2 day run with an overnight stay during the year...
    naturally costs and dates would need to be organised and worked out.. but for this we really need definate numbers that would be interested and also the sort of dates and time frame that would suit everyone. if this goes ahead as we hope it will then naturally colin and myself will have a bit of organising to do and because of this whoever agrees to go really cant back out, so if you have any doubts please let us know before hand.
    we would be thinking of starting the run up the north somewhere and organise a run and possibly a visit somewhere on the saturday then maybe have a relaxing meal or something on the saturday night,
    and then on the sunday maybe do a short drive and lunch or visit?
    we would be thinking of doing the run down the west coast or through the centre of ireland and start making the way back up again on the sunday. any suggestions for possible routes or visit locations would be glady taken on board so fell free to pas them on to colin or myself.

thanks all.

Yes think it would be great ,would even consider camping if anyone was up for it all ideas welcome .I was thinking we could try to arrange this for latter part of July anytime in August .
    All ideas welcome but as Mark has said will need to start organizing ASAP

Colin
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Quote Originally Posted by MR2MK1 View Post
    Yes think it would be great ,would even consider camping if anyone was up for it all ideas welcome .I was thinking we could try to arrange this for latter part of July anytime in August .
    All ideas welcome but as Mark has said will need to start organizing ASAP

Colin
    camping!!!! are you planning on bringing a support vehicle colin??? or using roof bars on the 2??? i know our cars are
    good.... but i would be super impressed if you managed to get a tent and all the equipment needed in to the mr2 LOL ha ha ha

Mark,

When I had my first MR2 I camped around Europe for two weeks. It was a squeeze and took careful packing but it worked.

Even more impressive,I used to do English Civil War re-enactments so we had camping stuff for two, a change of clothes plus toiletries, and body armour with helmets. We would draw a crowd when packing as it just looked impossible. But we did it!

Quote Originally Posted by alpha13 View Post
    camping!!!! are you planning on bringing a support vehicle colin??? or using roof bars on the 2??? i know our cars are
    good.... but i would be super impressed if you managed to get a tent and all the equipment needed in to the mr2 LOL ha ha ha

Yes Kate you have to be adventurous its part of the fun and what do you really need for 1 night, tent sleeping bag and as you say a few toiletries.
    So what were you expecting to take Mark Fridge Washing machine and maybe the TV lol or maybe its just an age thing you have going on
    When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just get in your MR2 and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the drive you are taking."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    Mark,

When I had my first MR2 I camped around Europe for two weeks. It was a squeeze and took careful packing but it worked.

Even more impressive,I used to do English Civil War re-enactments so we had camping stuff for two, a change of clothes plus toiletries, and body armour with helmets. We would draw a crowd when packing as it just looked impossible. But we did it!

i am impressed kate.... so what your telling me is you succesfully turned your 2 into the tardis on wheels!!! i am impressed.... first there was a time traveling delorean...now a tardis mr2 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MR2MK1 View Post
    Yes Kate you have to be adventurous its part of the fun and what do you really need for 1 night, tent sleeping bag and as you say a few toiletries.
    So what were you expecting to take Mark Fridge Washing machine and maybe the TV lol or maybe its just an age thing you have going on
    LOL no...just thinking that with the club banners and tent you wont have any room for anything else!!! you did realise the evening dinner i mentioned was going to be in the club gazebo didn't you?? or did i forget to mention that... special guest chef is ronnie
    mind you i guess you could use the gazebo as a tent LOL

MR2 Lurker
    I have a baby blue 1989 mr2 and would be interested in your 2 day tour. If you get anything organised let me know. Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by jaynew View Post
    I have a baby blue 1989 mr2 and would be interested in your 2 day tour. If you get anything organised let me know. Jayne
    we will indeed jaynew. if you send colin(mr2mk1) a pm with your email he can add you to the club list this side of the water and keep you informed of any runs,meets or shows we will all be doing.
    p.s welcome to the club too if you need any info or help dont hesitate to ask.. there is a good bunch on here

Quote Originally Posted by jaynew View Post
    Hi Jayne pm me your details and as Mark says i will add you to my data base and emailing list i have pmd you my email address if you want to email me instead
    Colin