Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new Apex lowering springs !

MR2 Fan
    Hi Sam, sorry I got them fitted in the end. It's a 30 mm drop. Looks really good with 15" just so you Know for future reference.

Lewis

OK cool mate. I saw a post saying you worked at the University. I'm just about to graduate but might see each other around if you're on the road too?

MR2 Fan
    Hi sam, i used to work there a few years ago. I know work for fripp design, just near the large wind turbines and the large morrisions.

Try and get your self on the peaks run.

Its my firt run to should be good.

Cheers

Lewis

that looks like a great place to work. I'm just graduating with a Masters in Mech Eng, what's your field? I know the place, dyu ever get to see those wind turbines move?

MR2 Fan
    They are currently taking two old turbines down at the moment, I studied industrial design at hallam and also did a masters in it to.

You planning on going on any runs?

I think the peaks run will be great.

So what color mr2 have you got?

Cheers

lewis

MR2 Obsessive
    I hope to see you guys on the Peaks run. Can I just ask a quick question, I have BSc (2:1) in Mech Eng, yes it is a BSc and not a Beng. Now when I graduated you could become chartered with a BSc, now it appears you need a MSc (or is it Meng) to become chartered. Does that mean they have dumbed down the normal degree?

Tommy; You can still get chartered with a BEng as I understand it but its a significantly longer route with additional training. The MSc is something quite different, its a 1 or two year postgrad but half taught like something between a normal masters and a Phd.

Lewis; Mine' white, or at least it used to be. The paint is so bad on almost every panel. Front end and roof are the worst though. Going to try vynil wrapping as the amount of prep required to sort my paint out would be endless. I'm more interested in the oily parts though tbh.

MR2 Fan
    Yeh that vynil wrapping looks good. Not sure cost though or how long it lasts?

Could be an idea. Would be good if you wanted to go two tone.

Cheers

Lewis