Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport 6 speed gearbox conversion

Hi Paul, sorry to keep banging on with questions, do this have any issues mating up to a 4AGZE? I.e. would a driveshaft clash with anything?

Club Technical Advisor
    There are no issues with fitting, you do need to use the 4a-ge flywheel and clutch, the GZE one is too big to fit inside the C52 bellhousing, also you need to use your original 4a-ge starter motor, but yes it will all work.

That's all fine then as I'll be running my 4age fidanza flywheel with my current and any future gearboxes.

Club Technical Advisor
    I have a ready to go 6 speed with LSD fitted in my workshop complete with a pair of Mk2 NA driveshafts (so a complete 6 speed LSD install package), looking for £1400 delivered anywhere in the UK.

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Paul, hope you're well.

Am I right in saying that to fit this complete 6 speed to a Supercharger, you would need to fit a smaller 4A-GE flywheel (and clutch), as well as a 4A-GE starter motor to the GZE engine? Will the Mk2 NA driveshafts therefore fit the Supercharger hubs?

I would still love to get a 6 speed for my Supercharger, but have you (or anybody else), ever fitted one to a Supercharger? Does it work as well as with the 4A-GE engine?

Shane.

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Shane, yes they have been fitted to a supercharger engine before, in fact I have one in my workshop right now bolted to a 4a-gze, I could send you everything needed to make it fully plug and play onto a 4a-gze.

Mk2 NA shafts fit the SC hubs, they are the same as NA ones.

It works really well with both engines.

Club Technical Advisor
    Another one of our famous 6 speed conversion gearboxes bolted to its plinth just before it gets boxed, this one has our LSD mod too and is going to Australia.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MR2 Lurker
    Just recently had the 6 speed box and normally asperated clutch fitted to F561OVU by Paul.
    Drove down to Cornwall from Durham and returned home covering 1422miles the the whole car was faultless.
    Makes a world of difference on the motor ways.
    Gear change slick and smooth.
    Back in 1985 I purchased one of the first MR2's into the country we toured Europe with it.
    We followed that one in 87 with the Tbar which we had for another 2 years.
    Loved the car then and still do.
    Slowly having F261OVU brought up to as new as spec as possible through Paul of Woodsport,

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi John, thank you for the kind feedback and welcome to the Mk1 club.

Club Technical Advisor
    Revised prices for 2018....

6 speed gearbox without LSD, new diff bearings, new input and output shaft bearings and all new seals £1195 delivered UK wide.

As above but with LSD fitted £1495.

These 6 speed conversions are my own invention and we have supplied dozens world wide with a 100% success rate on both fitment and reliability, some have now covered over 30k on boosted engines without issue.

Fully plug and play, take out your old gearbox and fit the new 6 speed without anything to modify or adapt, get rid of that tired old C50/52 unit with worn synchros and jumping out of gear. A Woodsport 6 speed is a modern upgrade for your Mk1 with longer gear ratios and final drive.

*Note that the LSD version requires Mk2 Mr2 NA driveshafts, which are again fully plug and play on a Mk1 with our 6 speed conversion.