Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport 6 speed gearbox conversion

Club Technical Advisor
    Another 6 speed production run underway now, this is "the" must have mod for Mk1 owners, totally transforms the car.

Rebuilt C60/52 Woodsport hybrid with new bearings/seals £950
    As above but with LSD installed £1250 (requires Mk2 NA driveshafts which are all plug and play with this option, I can supply at £80/pair)

All Woodsport 6 speed gearboxes are fully plug and play, no modifications to do whatsoever, take the old worn 5 speed out and fit the 6 speed, it's a straight change.

If you're interested let me know, thanks.

^ as Paul says

MR2 Enthusiast
    Hi Paul, I was interested in 6 speed box when you had your original special one off run. At the time my car was having its engine build. I have in the last few months got the car back and would like to know if you will be doing another special run.

Also are you able to fit, if so please do PM me cost to a fitting service. the car is an original SC.

regards Imran

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Imran, if your car is an original SC then the driveshafts won't work with the 6 speed, as your gearbox is currently an E series and the 6 speed is a C series.

I would need to fit a pair of Mk1 NA shafts with the 6 speed, or if you want the LSD including, a pair of Mk2 NA shafts.

The price I am currently offering this conversion at is the lowest I can possibly do it for I'm afraid. I also cannot offer fitting at the moment due to my massive workload, it would be at least 6 months away.

Many thanks Paul.

Club Technical Advisor
    I'm going to be doing another production run of my 6 speed gearbox conversions if anyone is interested, thanks Paul.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport View Post
    I'm going to be doing another production run of my 6 speed gearbox conversions if anyone is interested, thanks Paul.
    God dam it Paul I'm meant to be saving for a mortgage. Your 6 speed gearbox is top of my list for my next mod.

MR2 Fan
    Is the price on exchange of a 5 speed or is it an outright buy Paul?
    When would the next run of gearboxes be available?
    Cheers Adrian

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Myles, just live in the Mr2

Hi Adrian, I can allow a little off for a 5 speed in exchange, which would be used for its bellhousing on the next 6 speed, I buy Mk1b gearboxes in for £50 for that purpose, the only part I use is the bellhousing from the 5 speed.

MR2 Fan
    Paul, what would be the price for the 6 speed and LSD if you fit it as well?

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Myles, the LSD version is £1250, thanks Paul.