Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 13th MAY PEAK DISTRICT RUN

Quote Originally Posted by kevin..in View Post
    basically Tommy the pic is how the Club used to be so eveyone but me & Barb. are the Loughborough "Mafia" so its Fred & Doris Sanderson, Stuart & Chris Kynoch, Richard & Rachel Morgan & Issabel (can't ever remember her surname) pic taken by Thomas Morgan
    i kind of took over the peak district run that day for a few years
    I was on this run, and had the pleasure of meeting you all, Doris and Fred would come to tatton up to about 3 years ago and have helped kept the club going and still send out the club magazine, two great members.
    Bill.

MR2 Obsessive
    basically Tommy the pic is how the Club used to be so eveyone but me & Barb. are the Loughborough "Mafia" so its Fred & Doris Sanderson, Stuart & Chris Kynoch, Richard & Rachel Morgan & Issabel (can't ever remember her surname) pic taken by Thomas Morgan
    i kind of took over the peak district run that day for a few years
    It is strange how things change, in the early 90's I was into kitcars and was a member of quite a few owners clubs which used to supply a magazine and organise runs and meets at the big shows. In those days of course we had no internet so the magazines were highly useful and informative (although they were simple photocopied typed sheets).
    My wife and I used to go to the shows, however when kids came along the cars dissappeared

There are not many wives these days who go on the runs, in fact on Sunday it was a completely male meeting. I have tried to convince my wife to come along as the kids are now old enough to look after themselves but she is not terribly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    There are not many wives these days who go on the runs, in fact on Sunday it was a completely male meeting. I have tried to convince my wife to come along as the kids are now old enough to look after themselves but she is not terribly interested.
    My wife was originally going to come along, but things got complicated with the kids. I think she'd enjoy the scenery and I'm sure she will come on a run soon. The July 1st one is no good though as we're already booked for that day.

and from way back in 2005 (I think! might have been '04) a pic of my first ever club run out, taken from above Swainsley tunnel
    MK1 Club old gaurd having a lunch break

can anyone name all those present there?
    I can't make out the number plate - is that my car in the middle? (F462 EBU) I know she'd 'been about a bit'!

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    Quote Originally Posted by bill hulme View Post
    I was on this run, and had the pleasure of meeting you all, Doris and Fred would come to tatton up to about 3 years ago and have helped kept the club going and still send out the club magazine, two great members.
    Bill.
    sorry Bill but you weren't on that run, another Peak District run a couple of years later I remember marking Wetton & Ilam on your map so you could find it again, first met you at JAE later that year, I came back from the bar to find you were trying your you old magic on my Barb. "I can help you blow up your air bed!" was your ace chat up line

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    My wife was originally going to come along, but things got complicated with the kids. I think she'd enjoy the scenery and I'm sure she will come on a run soon. The July 1st one is no good though as we're already booked for that day.

I can't make out the number plate - is that my car in the middle? (F462 EBU) I know she'd 'been about a bit'!
    no blue onein the middle is the car that everyone seems to have owned recently, Fred Sandersons F--- LUD even Gary has had his hands on it for a while I believe

sorry Bill but you weren't on that run, another Peak District run a couple of years later I remember marking Wetton & Ilam on your map so you could find it again, first met you at JAE later that year, I came back from the bar to find you were trying your you old magic on my Barb. "I can help you blow up your air bed!" was your ace chat up line
    I have been a member since 2003 and have been on 3 peak runs starting in stoke the starting point was on a car park next to a famous road! (whittle road)
    or something like that.
    Bill.
    Last edited by bill hulme; 16th May 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill hulme View Post
    I have been a member since 2003 and have been on 3 peak runs starting in stoke the starting point was on a car park next to a famous road! (whittle road)
    or something like that.
    Bill.
    yes Bill you have, just not that one in my pic. everyone who was there other than Thomas who took the pic is in the pic,
    yes again Tesco car park backs on to Whittle road, the site used to be an aerodrome, just up the road is a factory which was originally the Rootes aircraft factory built in 1936 & during WW2 was involved in building mosquitos which were then flown off from the aerodrome by women pilots among them was one Amy Johnson
    I met my Barbara in that factory 26 years ago
    as a child I used to go there to watch gliders towed up by a Tigermoth biplane

A deffinate possative is that with a club that has seen its membeship fall dramatically recently, when I did the peak district run turn out was 6 or 7 cars now with a much smaller club Gary gets double that figure, things are looking good well done NW area for making an event a sucess story so take a pat on the back both Bill & GaryI know how much work goes into putting this run together
    Last edited by kevin..in; 16th May 2012 at 08:07 PM.

MR2 Fan
    Good guessing there Graham. You said 230 miles and it was actually 237. Does this mean the average goes up again?
    JTB

So thats now 2296.8 miles - 12 Mk1s = 191.4 miles per car - an increase of 0.58 miles per car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Toy Boy View Post
    Good guessing there Graham. You said 230 miles and it was actually 237. Does this mean the average goes up again?
    JTB

no blue onein the middle is the car that everyone seems to have owned recently, Fred Sandersons F--- LUD even Gary has had his hands on it for a while I believe
    Oh, so it's more of a tart than mine? Must be something about the blue ones!