Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not yet an owner

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    well the US also got beige and burgundy, in the UK its black or blue, blue is quite unpopular so values can be lower, i've had 2 blue interior ones and I like them but it seems thats just because I'm odd!

Blue interiors...

DSC_3525 12 by Widnes Road, on Flickr

I wasn't too sure about the blue interior, but on a dark mica blue car it can look pretty decent imho. not sure about those mats though, I really need to get round to replacing them with something more tasteful

MR2 Newbie
    The car I was looking at is white and has blue fabric seats/doorcards. Those could be easily replaced for black leather - however it would look odd in combination with the blue plastics I think. So the search goes on. Luckily I am in no rush as I have a working car. Would just be nice to get a nice car for the summer sorted before the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin..in View Post
    well the us also got beige and burgundy, in the uk its black or blue, blue is quite unpopular so values can be lower, i've had 2 blue interior ones and i like them but it seems thats just because i'm odd!
    my eyes!!!!!!!

edit: is that a kitchen knife handle being used as a gearstick. America in the 80s = the land that taste forgot

I have seen pictures of that red interior on a mica red car (in the US). I think I got off lightly as mine is the sober black. What about JDM cars, did they get the red?

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    What about JDM cars, did they get the red?
    only ever seen the burgundy and beige on LHD US spec cars, have to search my picture files for a beige one

as for the blue interiors IIRC they only appeared in crossover cars and were dropped when full 1b came in in late '87, the exception to this was the light blue metalic cars (often called helios) which kept a blue interior option right up until end of production in '89, i believe the cloth of the light blue metalic car's is a different pattern to the other blue interiors, and quite different to my sad MK1 anorak!

Last edited by kevin..in; 27th February 2012 at 02:11 PM.

I have seen pictures of that red interior on a mica red car (in the US). I think I got off lightly as mine is the sober black. What about JDM cars, did they get the red?
    that one was in a white car!!!!!!!!!

It is better on a white car than on a red car. In the same way that being stabbed in the forearm is better than being stabbed in the eye.

It was just toooooo much on a mica red car as the leather colour is scarily similar to the paintwork and far too much

In the same way that being stabbed in the forearm is better than being stabbed in the eye.
    remind me to stay away from East Herts

MR2 Newbie
    How mean! Now I want a white one with pink interior and a "Hello Kitty"-sticker on the bonnet!

Well - not really. That is the car I was looking at and it looks like blue plastics: http://www.atouchofclassics.co.uk/ca...k=detail&id=94 (and not in bad condition overall)

Around £1000 would also be the kind of money I would be willing to spend. The car should be in solid condition means I must be able to use it without risking it breaking down or falling apart every 100 yards. I don't expect it to be perfect - but it is shocking how some people classify the car they are selling as "in excellent condition". I think the best was "some minor rust on the arches" where you could see holes on the pictures.