Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not yet an owner

MR2 Newbie
    Will be a daily driver - which does only mean around 20 miles on a normal day and probably a few more miles on these sunny sundays. At the moment I am in contact with different people who are selling their MR2s so I might have one fairly soon.

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    Quote Originally Posted by ub80 View Post
    Will be a daily driver - which does only mean around 20 miles on a normal day and probably a few more miles on these sunny sundays. At the moment I am in contact with different people who are selling their MR2s so I might have one fairly soon.
    post up your potential buys here for some advice before you comit

MR2 Newbie
    An other question: I tried to become a online club member to get access to all the technical information too - but that shop-thingi does not seem to work correctly. As soon as I try to check out I got some error with an "Invalid Redirect URL". Anyone an idea who to contact regarding the shop?

have a world with oldpetrolhead Richard Brett about membership or tommundy about website issues

Tommundy is your man, try and pm him. If no luck, let us know and we shall ask him. It is likely he will read these messages though as he is very active on here.

As for the variant, Kevin is right (again!), I have never noticed a price differential based on the variant but the condition is key. Buy the best condition you can afford or target the ones with flaws that you can fix (e.g. if you have access to paint spraying facilities then you might want to concentrate on getting a good bodywork one as you can fix tatty paintwork etc). Having said that, if the open roof driving aspect attracts you think about whether you would regret not getting one. They are meant to be less stiffer than a sunroof but I cannot comment as I have a not driven a sunroof n/a to compare.

For the record, I personally wish my SC was T-Bar but the rarity of the tin top would mean most people would disagree with me. I am still keeping this SC. And fixing the Aircon.

And why am I agreeing with everything Kevin says, I don't even think we have met in the real world?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    As for the variant, Kevin is right (again!),

And why am I agreeing with everything Kevin says, I don't even think we have met in the real world?
    Oh I just love posts like this, might have to add it to my sig!
    Kate if your car were a T bar it would just about represent my perfect MK1, as it is its pretty damn close
    for me a tin top as a regular road car would be too enclosed, but a decent tin top as opposed to a rotten T bar and I'd go for the tin top, condition is king!
    as for being noisey at 130MPH with the roof off I may or may not be able to confirm that a MK1 with the roof on is a noisey place to be at a steady 130+MPH
    Last edited by kevin..in; 25th February 2012 at 04:03 PM.

@ub80 - I've had the invalid redirect URL thing occasionally. And the odd permissions error type of message "you are forbidden to look at this xxx" on occasion too. Just weirdness, I don't believe it's anything personal.

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks - I will try to get that sorted out.

However - I have an other quick question: Is the interior always the same colour? I mean obviously seats and doorcards may vary. But what about the rest? I would guess all the plastics are black?

Quote Originally Posted by ub80 View Post
    Thanks - I will try to get that sorted out.

However - I have an other quick question: Is the interior always the same colour? I mean obviously seats and doorcards may vary. But what about the rest? I would guess all the plastics are black?
    Nope, in the UK they came with black or blue interior plastics...

MR2 Newbie
    Thank you very much. So it wasn't just looking like that on the picture I saw. Good to know so I don't waste time and fuel to go and inspect the car.