Thread: Mk1 Toms airscoop available now

Club Technical Advisor

Mk1 Toms airscoop available now

I have the molds available to make the passenger side airscoop that is hard to find these days, i take delivery of the first batch of scoops on Monday. The quality is our usual high standard moldings and the price will be approx £85 but will be finalised on Monday 6/2/12

If you're interested in one let me know, pictures of the actual product are coming Monday, we can also provide them painted in any colour at extra cost, thanks Paul.

Club Technical Advisor
    As promised some actual pictures of the product...

The price is £85 per scoop collected or £95 delivered, thanks Paul.

EDIT: There is no performance gain or benefit from having the scoop, there is far too much upward airflow coming from under the car which forces air against the scoop, so anything coming down the scoop is negated, considering i sell this product i know that isn't good for sales, but it's the truth, so you know i'm not biased, they are a cosmetic add on only.
    Last edited by Woodsport; 7th April 2012 at 08:46 AM.

hi paul , i want one of your scoops how do i pay for one , send me a pm please mate.

gary

Club Technical Advisor
    Hi Gary, i have one in stock we found the fitment has a slight issue, it's quite tight over the C pillar of the car, it fits but needs pressing down, not ideal! This is due to my version being made of much thicker FG layers and not like the cheap thin versions found elsewhere. I am having the mold adjusted to take this into consideration so it is a better fit.

It still fits, but needs sanding a little in two small areas, if you still want one of the old versions i can drop the price down to £65 delivered, or you can wait until the new version comes out in around 2-3 weeks time, my paypal is paul@woodsport.org if you want to go ahead, thanks Paul.

I can't decide if I like it or not. Suits some cars I suppose.

But that's not the point, I'm glad that Woodsport are providing us with some cosmetic bits for the MR2 that have previously been hard to come by. There isn't much in the way of choice for them lets face it.

Club Technical Advisor
    Thankyou Fossman, i personally don't like the scoop, but i know many do like it and it can be hard to get, hence why i produce it.
    Last edited by Woodsport; 7th April 2012 at 08:44 AM.