Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th February Meet for Essex/Herts (and AndyJ!)

I'm just praying that the weather doesn't intervene and stop any of us from coming. Not sure I want to be out and about if there is snow on the ground. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by EppingMk1SC; 2nd February 2012 at 12:23 PM.

I agree that a fabulous route would have a completely different slant on it if there is snow about as it becomes a stressful drive (I have spun my previous MR2 in the snow and I was doing about 20, I was not d1cking about in it).

If everyone keeps an eye on this thread in the morning and we try and post if we are going or not.

Lets hope it is not too bad to attend.

Watching this thread...

But surely you have to LOVE driving these cars in the snow? I remember once (I was young and impressionable) asking two strangers to push me out of an icy car park because it just wasn't possible to get traction by myself. I drove home along a B-road at SILLY speeds, by which I mean sometimes but almost never ABOVE 15mph, and never with all four wheels pointing the same way. I was overtaken by everything else on the road, but it was the greatest laugh. I don't want to bend my current car, but what can I say about the impetuousness of youth?

I don't disagree but the thought of bending my car sends me into utter panic.

That sort of driving can be a hoot but I would rather do it in a car I care less about. Anyway, according to my Apple product it won't snow until Sunday and we all know that Apple is in charge so it won't snow on Saturday!

Edited as double post.

And this is on a desktop PC not a mobile device. I must be rubbish!

Smile

I know where your coming from, I have driven my 2 on all snow we have had in the lasrt couple of years, I can remeber one particular morning driving along a snow covered A127 with the rear wheels spining and the back stepping out at 30 mph in heavy traffic when nobody else in their front wheel drive bore mobile appeared to any problem. Just adds character.
    It deep snow the front chin spoiler makes a great plough.

Frankly, when I was young and I lived with my parents, no responsibilities and no real expenses, the thought of a minor prang due to slippery-slidiness didn't terrify me too much. Now I have a very different outlook on life. However, I'd still go out in the snow, LSD or not, just for the giggles.

I remember filling my boot with bags of shale then going out for a completely unnecessary 30-mile drive along, well, the roads I'll be taking on Saturday actually. The purpose of the shale was two-fold: additional weight and in case I got stuck somewhere and needed something to grip on.

If we get any snow, I'll report back here after I've twisted my car around a tree in an ego-inspired jaunt down memory lane.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Sorry guys, not sure I'm going to be able to make this now either

Just to confirm, no I won't be able to come up. As you know it's long trip for me and conditions aren't right.

this is how it starts just before it gets called off. conditions not right hahaha, we live in the uk when are the conditions right?