Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Mk1 in fair condition with Tax and Test.

Wanted: Mk1 in fair condition with Tax and Test.

Hi all, I'm interested in buying my first mk1 MR2. I have seen many nice examples for sale, but they are a little too far for me to travel to.
    Im after one that i can drive away in with as much tax and MOT as possible. I understand the engines are very reliable but would prefer nothing over 130(ish)k. Bodywork is not a major issue, but i am by no means looking for a rot box which requires lots of welding.
    I guess what im looking for is jut a good, honest car that i can start driving right away.

I'm looking to spend upto around £900, but may be able to stretch for the right car.

I've not used this forum before (first post infact!) but i assume i can recieve private messages from sellers?

Thanks for looking, Ian.

Hi Ian,

When are you interested in buying? Mine will be up for sale in May/June after some remedial work has been carried out on it.

I will have quite a few goodies included in the sale and the parts alone will be worth £1000 if I was to break it. The car would be for sale for £1500 with MOT til Feb 2013 and Tax til August 2012 - let me know if you are interested

Super, as per the other thread (and Ian, just so there's some competition!) I'm also on the lookout for a good Mk1. At the top of my list: as structurally sound as possible. I don't want a major rust rescue project. After this my wishlist is: non t-bar, as little electrical stuff in it as possible and white.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    Hi Ian,

When are you interested in buying? Mine will be up for sale in May/June after some remedial work has been carried out on it.

I will have quite a few goodies included in the sale and the parts alone will be worth £1000 if I was to break it. The car would be for sale for £1500 with MOT til Feb 2013 and Tax til August 2012 - let me know if you are interested
    Im after one more or less immediatly really. Thanks for the offer though!

Ian.

Still on the hunt. May be able to stretch a little more on price now for the right car.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157092 Will be as good as you get for the money IMO
    Just waiting for my account on that forum to be activated so i can get in touch with the seller. Thanks for the link.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by evans.I View Post
    Just waiting for my account on that forum to be activated so i can get in touch with the seller. Thanks for the link.

Ian.
    Hi Ian,

no problem at all. I've met the seller a couple of times, he is a nice genuine chap. Tell him Ollie sent you his way.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Hi Ian,

no problem at all. I've met the seller a couple of times, he is a nice genuine chap. Tell him Ollie sent you his way.

Cheers
    Will do

Ian.

The one on imoc looks bang on for the money, seat retrimming can cost £500+ alone! Good luck Ian.