Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Returnee looking for opinions and advice

Yep, that too: no cruise control, no central locking, no electric mirrors. Had the Fensport pulley too. I'd swear that whoever owned it in Japan had all this work done but Fensport were quite sure it was factory spec. Thinking about it, it woul dbe a lot of difficult and expensive work to do crazy things like remove central locking. Maybe there is some life in the story?

It also had a supercharger switch in place of the little tray thingy in the central column. I used to use it for light-hearted trafficlights japery on summer days. I'd pull up to a Boxter or Scooby or something, switch the SC off, give the driver 'the nod' and then get roundly thrashed. Then, just for shits and giggles, I'd catch up, shout "sorry, I forgot to press this button!" then do it all again, more often than not ending with my victim some distance behind me. It was damn quick. Fastest SC I've ever been in.

Damn, why did I sell that car?

Would love to look around many of the cars I've seen on this forum. Some seriously talented and committed people on here. I wish I had the skills, knowledge (and money!) to match you all. I'll deffy come along to the next meet, but I will likely be MR2-less.

Steve

I absolutely love the side skirts and to me they are part of the personality of the car. I love the way they meet the wheel arches especially. Seriously. If you think the car looks better with them off then definitely go for it. I would smile weakly, but inside my heart would be still. It's of course your car.

Am I a sick man?

@charged : Btw is that a Miura next door to the red B-reg Mk1a?

@charged : I'm interested to know what wheels and tyres you have on the grey car?

I like the side skirts too personally but different people like different things. For example I don't like the Super Red on a mk1 but I showed my Other Half a photo of a superb condition one in Super Red and he raved about the colour.

As for the spec, then mine is most definitely not your old one as mine has all the spec (Air Con, Elec Windows etc) and.......retractable electric mirrors. They still make me giggle when I use them.

I like the idea of playing with the SC switch. My idea of childish fun is to gradually slow down through the villages so am well below the 30 or 40 limit and then as soon as the NSL sign comes up, drop a couple of gears and boot it. Did it once in my daily driver as I forgot. It is a diesel mondeo and nothing happened really

(just to clarify, the only limit I have, ahem, accidently broken is the NSL, I never speed in towns and villages, you never know what will suddenly appear)

Quote Originally Posted by CecilWard View Post
    Am I a sick man?
    Sick, sick, sick! Get out of my sight!

I totally understand. They do kind of define the car. Certainly it was one of the features that drew me to the car when I was a boy. That and the Toyota reflection in the rear window. And the popup headlights.

Having looked at loads of pics on here I think the skirts work well for black and white cars, but they just don't melt my butter.

@Kate I hear ya. I drive insanely slowly in most conditions, only occasionally letting my hair down when I feel it is safe to do so. Yep, this is an arrogant, selfish stance (to many) but I'll live with that.

My first 2 was a Super Red n/a. Loved it at the time but it doesn't draw me in any more. I spotted a two-colour black and white car with gold retro wheels in the build section here. It blew my mind. THIS is how my next car will look

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    (just to clarify, the only limit I have, ahem, accidently broken is the NSL, I never speed in towns and villages, you never know what will suddenly appear)
    The "what" for me is usually one or more of the following :

1. tourist

2. pothole the size of xx#%$_

3. killer local driving at a squillion mph, never brakes,

4. cow

5. stag, if really unlucky

6. jet black cow, sitting all cosy on black road, in dark, behind a bump in road that casts a big shadow. stealth cow
    Last edited by CecilWard; 4th January 2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CecilWard View Post
    . stealth cow
    Want one!

Quote Originally Posted by rymixxx View Post

So what's the deal with your turbo? Ambitiously tuned or is it an installation issue? What engine is it?
    Steve
    Mine was originally a Woodsport REV 2 3SGTE conversion but the engine has been in and out a few times.. it's now a REV 2 block but REV3 converted. It's almost standard but I think the hybrid CT26 Turbo has just shit the bed, either that or something more sinister.. still got boost but smoke on cold start up.