Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nurburgring?

MR2 Newbie

nurburgring?

i have just been to the ring in my standard mr2 and did a 10.40 lap just wondering if anyone else has been and what time they did?

I'd love to try that one day!

Jeremy Clarkson famously did it in 9 mins 59 sec in a Jaguar S-Type diesel but was the thrashed by his tutor, Sabine Schmitz, in 9 min 12 sec in the same car

MR2 Newbie
    yea that is very true, i was happy with my time considering it was only my 3rd lap and the track was damp in places, dit i did beat my mates in an alfa 155 t spark, a golf vr6 and a 2.9 cosworth sieara

You're a brave man chasing lap times at the 'ring, sod that! Would love to go, but not in my own car.. I've seen the other side of the Nurburgring, a chap I know caused a multi million £ claim and faced the very real possibility of losing his house. When I go, I'll be hiring a car, with insurance cover.

Easily done, have a look at this! 1min in see a MK2 MR2 getting binned!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo_Jet View Post
    1min in see a MK2 MR2 getting binned!
    Excellent viewing that!

I did the 'ring on a private trackday with BaT, so had insurance etc. It was in our vx220, but i rekon i'd have thrashed it more in our old mk1a. I think its perfectly possible in a well setup and well driven mk1 to get under the 10 min time, but i would personally need more than 3 laps to start to know the corners etc. (did you know the ring before this?)
    i didn't do any playstation practice of watch youtube, so after 4 laps was only learning sections at a time.
    The mk1 is definately capable, but most drivers are not IMO

Just as an aside, how do you find the VX220’s handling in comparison to the MK1? I’ve always had a hankering after one of them one day

MR2 Newbie
    i had done loads of laps on forza so knew fairly well where the track went, im on totally standard suspension tho so that didnt help lol

Is it doable by mere humans then?

How could I get to do it in an insurance-covered setting?