Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: South-East meet up - Essex Hertfordshire Area

Yes, I'm up for this. A mid week day would be fine. As you say Paul, a good weather day would be great.

BTW I have PM'd you about that part we were both interested in with same seller. It's yours! I don't really need it!

Right, then Kate, over to you, what days are you available next week?
    Then at least the three of us can meet...

Ok, I cannot make the 27th at all, I might be able to do a little bit of 28th, not the 29th at all, and any time on the 30th. Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    Ok, I cannot make the 27th at all, I might be able to do a little bit of 28th, not the 29th at all, and any time on the 30th. Any good?
    The 30th December works for me. Hopefully we won't get a pile of snow the day before

Id love to go but I am making no trips outside of what I have to do i.e. to go to work and stop off on the way home to see my GF.

I have no idea how long my engine block is going to last - I have sourced another engine and paying for it in new year off a very reputable source but for now unfortunately I am not risking anything - I need this to get to work.

This may make you all chuckle though - i was using a 6 speed 1.3 cdti astra van which is surprisingly fast and good round corners! unfortunately when i was back in the '2 on wednesday for the first time in 2 and a 1/2 weeks, i pulled onto the a130 at about 50 and tried selecting 6th! what a noise that made!

Merry xmas!

Ah that elusive 6th gear. My OH has a 2005 vectra with 6 gears and it broke down last Sunday so we had to go and get my humble 10 year old mondeo (had the children). He was driving and commented that it had no 6th Gear. I pointed out it had a working engine which was a step up from his car.

Ok, 30th it is. Now we need a location. I am in Hertford, Andy is Surrey and Epping SC is in, um, no idea. Might be Epping?

Banstead appears to be almost diametrically opposite to Hertford/Epping around the M25. Maybe Andy should select a location dependent on which way round the M25 is better. (I vote for towards Maidenhead as my dad lives there and there is no toll bridge).

Please note I will probably have my 13 year old with me. He has just had braces fitted so he is not just a surly monosyllabic teenager, he is a grumpy surly monosyllabalic teenager. He will probably sit in the car and we can ignore him.

30th is fine with me, obviously if weather is OK. I'm not too worried about where it is. Maidenhead is quite a long way for Paul to go. Looking at map sort of Watford/Hemel may be better. As I say I don't mind going up to Epping though both ways through the bridge/tunnel isn't ideal.

As I mentioned before I won't have my MR2 I'm afraid. It's currently SORN and in winter garage. I plan using it again from about February/March.

Hemel is good. Paul?

I will google some locations unless anyone has any recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    Hemel is good. Paul?

I will google some locations unless anyone has any recommendations.
    Thanks Kate. I don't know any pubs up there so great idea to Google.

Feathers Hotel
    Cambridge Rd, Wadesmill, Ware, Hertfordshire SG12 0TN

I could be up for this how about somewhere like the pub above. Never been there but looks ok from the web site http://www.george-iv.co.uk/
    I would probably be bringing one of my daughters ( 8 or 12) which ever chooses to come along.
    Hemel, though looks a bit further than I would want to go, it would turn it into an all day trip.
    But it would be nice to meet fellow enthusiasts whether this time or another time.

Car just passed the MOT today with no advisories. On the road for another year. yippee