Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: South-East meet up - Essex Hertfordshire Area

am hoping to get along to a meet but car is off the road at the moment with alarm probs,if it is sorted by the time one is sorted count me in, we need a meet in this area as there are a few cars floating about, if people can be bothered.

It was my bad a few months ago Barry as I did forget and then promised my GF something I couldn't then get out of and last Sunday was my dad's birthday so that was a no-no. But am free after this weekend.

My car is in a sorry state at the rear arches, but I'm not going to bother to get them fixed until dry weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    My car is not perfect.....Yet! Am more than happy to spend the effort/money on getting it perfect though.

Will be excellent if we can all get together soon!
    Right, I've just heard back from the garage, all being well the shocks should be done early next week, so should have the car back before next weekend (10th December). I'll update when i get confirmation, but the car (and me) should be available from next weekend onwards for a meet.

Quote Originally Posted by EppingMk1SC View Post
    Right, I've just heard back from the garage, all being well the shocks should be done early next week, so should have the car back before next weekend (10th December). I'll update when i get confirmation, but the car (and me) should be available from next weekend onwards for a meet.
    Great news Paul. Sorry to hear of some others problems. Hopefully mild weather will continue - still no sign of any salt on the roads!!

the alarm company have found the problem and i have to give them a ring next week .they said they should be able to fix it so all going well i should be back on the road with the 2 soon.,defo up for this meet.

My head gasket blew on saturday night majorally. My block has also fucked as well. Going to JB weld the block, but will noway be using my car on meets or anything other than work now im afraid. Radiator and front bumper bar to be replaced as well. I did not have a good weekend.

Apologies to everyone. If anyone has a spare block which isn't crap please let me know

Oh dear! Not a good weekend at all. Hopefully you will still come along to a meet?

I don't know what's going to happen to be honest Kate. I can't stand the site of mk1s or any mr2's at the moment - its pissed me off so much and left me in such a sad mood i'm thinking about converting my car back to standard, selling it and selling the £900 quids worth of parts I have left over and buy a FWD diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    FWD diesel.
    That is bad.... (although I have a humble mondeo diesel estate and it is such an honest car and never lets me down even though it knows my favourite car sits smugly in the car port).

I am not sure I could do anything to help but don't want you to give up. Maybe coming along to a meet will get your enthusiasm up again?

If the bodge on my current engine holds out throughout winter that'll be okay.

Ollie has kindly offered me an entire engine for £100, he's got a few kicking about, but I will strip it down and rebuild it with all new bearings etc and put it in during the spring/summer.

I might go, but don't get your hopes up because it'll just make me feel sad I can't drive mine properly.