Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans 2012

MR2 Enthusiast

Le Mans 2012

Hi Guys,

Well we are now mid way through January and I'm sure some of you are now planning ahead and this years annual pilgramage to Le Mans is being planned.

The race weekend is 16/17th June and with dates ranging from 11th to 22nd for travelling to and from.

The Le Mans experience is a must for avid race fans, we stay at a chateau 20 minutes from the track and 15 minutes to the Hypermarket but it doesn't stop there, you can also take yourself off to the surrounding areas including many a vineyard or just a pleasant little village for lunch or dinner.

You can get some more information from here https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...21531714598529
    or just put your name down below

1. Mike, Jo, Aston & Maddison Sheavills
    2. Deb + 1
    3. Alison Moffett
    4. Paul and Becky Woods
    5. Reema & Chris Goldsmith
    6. Saj, Gemma, Alam & Kamram Ali Khan
    7. Frogge & Celina Fox

To name a few

Debs

hi debs, what is the cost of this trip? and do we have to book everything ourselves ?

Ca m'intéresse aussi. Can find out more?

Isn't it around £500? I wish I had that money to blow away, I doubt the GF would be very happy.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Yes you can do this trip for around £500, spending more or less, depends on what you do or want out of the trip.

Main costs are:
    Ferry (Book yourself as depends how long you want to stay etc) at the moment is £90 return with P & O
    Hotel (again personal choice and depends whereabouts you live and time of your ferry) we're staying at the Premier Inn in Dover Sunday 10th June £61
    Campsite, we usually do block bookings as a couple of years back we realised how large the pitches were and how many we can get on each, around €100
    General entrance to race (including practices) £75
    Car Park Ticket (again choice, we try and go for white as right near main entrance of track) I think this years is £45
    Travel Insurance (again personal choice) varies from £10
    European breakdown cover but you already have that, I know mine covers Europe
    Then you need to add fuel, toll fees (I think when I last went in 2009 came to €40 return), food and the main one BOOZE (she dreams of Desperados..... )

We have and hopefully still at the campsite and usuable Gazebo's and BBQ's which we use in a communal area.

This year I think there are 2 main groups travelling, 1st leaving on Monday 11th June and returning Friday 22nd June (leaving the campsite on Tuesday 19th) and going to stay near DisneyLand Paris for a 'Bolt-On' Trip. 2nd Group travelling on Tuesday 12th June and returning Tuesday 19th (I think).

In actual fact you do not have to be a race nut to enjoy this holiday, the are some fantastic places surrounding Le Mans and even Le Mans itself it worth a visit and there is usually always a few at the campsite at all times, just soaking up the atmosphere there.

If I've forgotten anything or you need more info then please ask.

Debs
    Last edited by unowho; 18th January 2012 at 04:57 PM.

I'd be up for this next year, mainly as I'm doing an engine change in March and looking to change jobs.

MR2 Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    I'd be up for this next year, mainly as I'm doing an engine change in March and looking to change jobs.
    We'll be there next year too

MR2 Newbie
    Myself and Jason will be going along this year to, we are actually traveling down on the tenth so will be at the campsite earlier than the main parties. Debs, can you let us know what the proposed booking system is for the campsite, just so we dont upset the apple cart.

Ki

MR2 Enthusiast
    Yay, glad you are all coming this year too We're counting down the weeks!!!!
    I suggest you book yourself in with Dominique, to save confusion, see you then if not before

MR2 Newbie
    so i take it there is no intention to book an amount of pitches and then split the cost?

i am happy either way, i'll book a pitch for me and Jason.