Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk1a steering wheel Very Rare Ireland Drifting Corolla

** Banned User **

Mk1a steering wheel Very Rare Ireland Drifting Corolla

Please follow the link for a Mk1a MR2 steering wheel....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250903395521

very rare? are these not fitted to all mk1a's or am i missing something... otherwise i need to update my breaking add lol

** Banned User **
    Very rare might be the wrong wording, 'very sought after' is more appropriate. They are selling for 2 or 3 times what a Mk1b wheel is going for, an the price is going up all the time!!
    Cheers

MR2 Fan
    Those were actually fitted on a number of the jdm MKIa's. However, someone has painted the metal spoke portion black at some point because in stock form the spokes were silver. They are one of the better looking retro type wheels I think, with the original silver spokes though, lol.

** Banned User **
    I've had a few of these wheels over the years, and about 50% have had black spokes. These don't look like they have been repainted, so i don't know if they were all silver, maybe some were black? Maybe someone can tell me.

mine is black on my 86 mk1a , and i have no reason to believe its been painted...

MR2 Fan
    Well, that is interesting as none of my jdm sales catlogs show a black spoked version, and I have never seen any listed for the AW11 on YJ either. I do believe though that jdm Corollas also used the same wheel, and wonder if some of those were black instead, and may have been transferred batween cars over the years. I'll try and take a look at my sales catlogs when I get a chance to see if I missed anything.

Here is a pic of the one I am familiar with (if my file attachment upload works, that is, lol).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MKIa steering wheel.jpg  
    Last edited by Fab4mr2; 15th October 2011 at 07:54 PM.

MR2 Fan
    Well, I checked the pics of my '85 jdm sales catalog, and could only find the silver spoked version. Don't have access to my '86 one right now.

The only black spoked one, for the MKI, that I know of for sure, was the one for the 'Black Limited'. So, hey, anyone that has a black spoked one can claim that it came from the rare Black Limited model, lol.

Not being funny, but who would buy this for £88.00? You can get a decent momo wheel for £70 like I did.

Plus you can just paint your existing mk1a steering wheel if you really liked it with black spokes. Bit of a rip off if you ask me.

** Banned User **
    Please look through the completed items on ebay where one sold for exactly £88 a couple of weeks ago. Many people like the original wheel these days to keep these classic cars original.