Thread: New Member

MR2 Newbie

Hi All,
    After being on 2 wheels the last 6-7 years my wife has finally persuaded (nagged?) me to go back to a car. I always wanted a Mk1 in my youth but could never afford one...then marriage....kids...etc got in the way. Now in my mid to late 40s I have taken the plunge. I saw my car and fell in love. (Pics in The Garage...sorry about the first post finger trouble lol)
    Wife hates it but she has her own car so this is all mine.Now all I have to do is part with my beloved VFR to pay for my car.
    Please give me a wave if you spot me out and about (not hard to spot)
    All the Best
    Stu
    PS If anyone recognizes the car and knows some history please drop me a line.

Hello Stu!
    Very colourful car!
    How can your wife hate the car? They are wonderful! And the mk1 attracts the best owners.

Welcome to the club.

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks for the welcome. I think my wife expected me to come home with a Fiesta after many years as a motorcycle madman . She is happy I am now on 4 wheels now. And she says at least she will know where I am..... You certainly can't hide this car in a car park.

I call it being an individual.... She says its a mid life crisis lol

Cheers Stu

My partner drove mine last weekend for first time ever and he used to be a biker. After many years driving a %}^$>~ vectra he said it was more like a 4 wheeled bike than a car because of it's responsiveness.

He loved it! He certainly drove it like it was meant to be driven but I was more comfortable with it because of his bike experience, he would know how to read a road without driver aids.

Luckily he works stupid hours so he won't have too much chance to drive it.