Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLD] MR2 MK1 Supercharger 27,000 miles

[SOLD] MR2 MK1 Supercharger 27,000 miles

The time has come to let go of what I can hand on heart say is most probably one of the best examples of a Supercharger left in Britain.

I personally imported this car from Canada three years ago and was stunned at the condition of the car. The underside shows bearly any rust and shows the age of a car merely a couple of years old. The paintwork is of concourse condition and the inside bears no signs of wear. The pictures show a couple of awards the car picked up while in Canada for "Best stock MK1" and "People Choice Award".

The car was imported from Daie Motors in Japan to Canada in 2005 and there is a whole binder of receipts detailing this import and service receipts from Toyota in Canada.

The car has done only 27,000 miles of which almost all have been in the dry, since being kept in the Uk it has only ever been out in the summer and been covered in the garage with a professional car cover over winter.

The car comes with Air conditioning as standard which is fully functioning and also a cd changer although I do still have an original Toyota stereo.

The car has been fitted with a performance clutch and LSD which really improves the handling. Other subtle upgrades include a K&N induction kit (In the boot), Magnecor ignition leads, Eibach springs and performance Stainless Steel exhaust, the car has also been run only on Super Unleaded.

The car has sailed through every MOT and had no advisories, everywhere I have taken this car its commented on the immaculate condition of the underside, all the spot welds can still be seen as shows up a bit on one of the pictures.

The owner in Canada had a private appraisal carried out on the car which which marked every aspect of the car, part of the summary concluded -

" Exceptionally well preserved in mainly original conidiont. Extremely difficult model to acquire without import. Exceptionally clean and show detailed. Excellent for long term use and for special collectors investment. "

More details from appraisal can be forwarded on if requested.

This car really needs to be seen in the flesh as I don't think the pics do it enough justice.

If anyone needs any further pictures or details please feel free to PM me or on 07763315953 after 4.

£8,000 ONO

Thanks

Adam

MR2 Fan
    Hi Adam, stunning looking MR2 Interestingly I have never seen a Mk1b with manual window winders before, does this mean there is also no C/L? Also was the 3rd brake light added upon arrival in Canada or is that how it came from the dealership Japan? Does it also have the Mk1a manual Ariel?

Also is this a Sunroof, T-Bar or TinTop model?

I hope you can satisfy my late night curiosity.

Best of luck with the sale. I hope it finds a good home soon

Yeah you are correct it also has manual locks and a manual pull out aerial on a tin top roof. I think these must of been options in Japan and the buyer has gone for the manual options, less to go wrong I guess.

Its had the 3rd brake light from the factory, I believe all the Superchargers came with this feature.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_MR2 View Post

Its had the 3rd brake light from the factory, I believe all the Superchargers came with this feature.
    It's a fairly rare option, only one of the three superchargers I've owned had the brake light spoiler.

Mine used to as the wiring is still there. It will again as I have now got one again although it is in the super red so need to get it sprayed before I put it back on.

Means I may have a mica red standard spoiler for sale at some point Ollie.....

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateg28 View Post
    Mine used to as the wiring is still there. It will again as I have now got one again although it is in the super red so need to get it sprayed before I put it back on.

Means I may have a mica red standard spoiler for sale at some point Ollie.....
    lots of wiring harnesses will be inplace this doesn't mean that something has been removed, just means that the std. harness was capable of taking the "option" in this case a third rear brake lamp
    you will find plugs in the engine bay for aircon on non aircon cars, there is a plug under the drivers seat for the underseat speaker, the list is nearly endless

It looks like this lovely SC is heading 'down south'. I've booked my flight to Scotland and looking to take her off Adam's hands next week...I've been without a Mk1 SC for a grand total of two months having sold my white over silver tin-top at the end of the summer

Quote Originally Posted by EppingMk1SC View Post
    It looks like this lovely SC is heading 'down south'. I've booked my flight to Scotland and looking to take her off Adam's hands next week...I've been without a Mk1 SC for a grand total of two months having sold my white over silver tin-top at the end of the summer
    Well big congratulations to you Paul - so pleased some of us down here might get to see this car. Your last one was pretty good I seem to remember but this is really something else. I imagine it will be garaged and brought out for special occasions?

oooh close to me. I want to have a look.....

Let me know when you are about and maybe we can meet up?

Hi everyone all being well this stunning SC will be heading South towards the end of next week. If we can organise a meet then I'll be only too happy to bring it out to play. While it will be garaged, I also intend to use it for shorter and fun journeys so if you live in Herts, Essex or north east London you might see it out and about.