Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Mk1a 75000miles, completely original

1985 Mk1a 75000miles, completely original

No Longer For Sale
    Last edited by seankenyon; 28th November 2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: No longer for sale

Great looking MK1a, especially an 85' one in red must be quite rare now; wish I had £2000 to spend lol Heres a free bump anyway and good luck with the sale

Jack
    Last edited by Jak_01; 10th September 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Jack, yeah I've found it to be quite rare regarding the stripes from the early models not the 3-stripe on later models

lovely looking example of a mark 1 a, rare to see early models as good as this ..good luck with sale sean ..be careful though as some members on here will try to rubbish and discredit your opinion of "totally original"..i doubt it will put any serious buyers off as it only encouraged my sale futher..worth every penny of £2000 in my opinion..
    Last edited by rockinhorse; 12th September 2011 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks, im not sure how many mk1a's exist but ive not seen many! I'll keep that in mind thanks, i know that some low mileage mk1b's have been advertised at £2500 or more but i thought £2000 was more reasonable...

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by seankenyon View Post
    Thanks Jack, yeah I've found it to be quite rare regarding the stripes from the early models not the 3-stripe on later models
    http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...ighlight=kmk11

I have done the Mk1a stripes before for KMK11 see attached thread, I assume you are referring to the missing stripes on the rear quarter of your car. I won't comment on the "totally original" bit as I don't know your car (however pesonally I think if a car has had bodywork done you should declare it) but if you want some stripes give me a shout and I will try to help

And so it begins... "totally original" Lol! Well spotted Tommy thanks for the stripe info. too, ive been trying to get some specially made for a while now, rest assured these will be replaced prior to the sale, thanks again for your help
    Last edited by seankenyon; 13th September 2011 at 04:56 PM.

MR2 Obsessive
    Actually I did spot it as soon as you posted it but as I have no knowledge of your car I decided I could not comment. You or a previous owner could have removed the stripes because you did not like them

So are you saying you don't want me to produce you some stripes? As they are only small I was going to offer them free of charge as I have done with other members on here. They would of course not be "totally original" but it could have been our little secret

PS Offer still stands

Apologies as i did not realize your message or link was suggesting you could supply the stripes, if you could id be happy to pay? That would be awesome, I can't tell you how hard it has been to get some so far

Many thanks, Sean

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by seankenyon View Post
    Apologies as i did not realize your message or link was suggesting you could supply the stripes, if you could id be happy to pay? That would be awesome, I can't tell you how hard it has been to get some so far

Many thanks, Sean
    Sean my post was not ambiguous, it clearly asks if you would like me to produce you some stripes. Did you actually read it?

Anyway could you take a good close up picture of the stripes on your car to help me get a colour match. Then PM me your address and I will try to help