Thread: mr2 mk1 gearbox(89-90) open to offers or will scrap.

MR2 Fan

mr2 mk1 gearbox(89-90) open to offers or will scrap.

this is my final post for the above.
    I would be happy for this item to go to a member than to the local scrap man who is probably richer than any of us.
    Im in rainham kent. The gearbox can be lifted by hand into the back of a large booted car. (done it twice myself and im no wieght lifter)
    This was not needed by me as it came with my replacement engine a while ago.
    Was supplied by Paul sims.
    Untested but was assured it was very good.

Many thanks 07931160405
    Last edited by The Beach; 6th September 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Hi, this might just be divine intervention - I'm concerned that my gearbox is the next thing to go, but after 212k miles, I can't say it owes me anything! I'd love to come and take this off your hands - but the only vehicle I can get down to you in anytime soon is my 2 - so the question is - will it go in the passenger footwell if the passenger seat is removed? If you think it will, will you accept 50quid for it? I can get it from you by Friday night if it suits.

Cheers
    Julian
    07533 861741

Staffordshire Moorlands nr. Stoke on Trent
    a gearbox will easily fit in the passenger footwell if you take the seat out

Thanks Kevin. As it happens the seat is already out cos I got fed up with damp carpet and this afternoon, I went leak hunting. Just got to put up with the smell of seam sealer for a day or two now.