Thread: Can we remove the 4 photos per post limit?

Can we remove the 4 photos per post limit?

I don't really see any point in it. It just means you have to create multiple posts. You end up posting the same amount of images anyway!

I have also run in to problems with my project thread. Lots of my posts have more than 4 photos in them (from the old forum when there was no limit) and it gives you an error when you try to edit such posts.

Chris

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by FossMan View Post
    I don't really see any point in it. It just means you have to create multiple posts. You end up posting the same amount of images anyway!

I have also run in to problems with my project thread. Lots of my posts have more than 4 photos in them (from the old forum when there was no limit) and it gives you an error when you try to edit such posts.

Chris
    Agreed with this suggestion. If it is to limit data, then maybe there should be a limit on the total size of photos to upload?

Hiya,
    I've increased the limit to 10 (sorry, the default setting was 4, so I've basically increased that now). Hopefully that should be enough.
    Indeed, it is to limit the amount of bandwidth taken by each page of a topic (particularly useful for those who access via their phones). There is no way to specifically limit the size of photos uploaded, as photos are generally stored elsewhere rather than on this site, so there's no built in function to count the size of attachments (yet).
    Click here for Forum How-tos
    Also follow the above link for web/forum contact info.