PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Ytinasni
7th June 2011, 03:51 PM
Hello, im alaina, this is my first car :)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_1296-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_1268-1.jpg
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2011/06/IMG_1290-1.jpg

Kateg28
24th June 2011, 07:31 AM
Hello Alaina. That looks like a nice exa,ple. Your first car? That is very good. You will get a lot of fun out of it and learn to drive properly.

Where are you based?

Ytinasni
24th June 2011, 09:17 AM
LGC :D I noticed your local too, where are you?

Yeah she's my first car, got her in November but passed my test early may. I know what iv got myself in for when I bought the car, it's not your run of the mill first car and iv got a healthy respect for the bad and the great things it's capable of and I don't think I'm doing bad at all! Lack of power steering takes getting used to but no complaints :D

Kateg28
24th June 2011, 10:01 AM
Letchworth? I grew up there...........
I am actually in Hertford but spend most of my time between Hertford/Stevenage/Stotfold and Milton Keynes. Am going over to MK for an MR2 meet tomorrow (all of them will be in MK2's but they are relatively tame people) and you are more than welcome to come along. Alternatively, I could detour to Letchworth on my way through. Tell us more about you and the car.

I assume you are female from the name but that is not necessarily a certainty?
Age?
Where did you get the car?
Why did you get one?
Do you have any plans for it?
This forum is one of the most friendly ones I know so lots of help and advice and some of the knowledge on here is phenomenal.

Ytinasni
24th June 2011, 11:42 AM
I saw the thread about the MK meet but I'm going on holiday this afternoon so I wouldn't be able to make it but I'll keep an eye out and I'll definitely be at the next one!

Iv just turned 20, I am indeed a lady ;D the other half is into the modified car scene, so I got into cars through him. I decided I wanted a little nippy short wheel based 2 seater (preferably a soft top/tbar) and I spend a lot of time while I was learning looking at mk1 mx5's, mk1 mr2's, Honda crx del sol or a little MG soft tops. pretty much immediately the MG was out the door, not my cup of tea, insurance wise companies either said no or 4k+ to the del sol, and that's silly, so no to del sol and then researching mx5's I come across a video on YouTube for the roll test, i you ever watch the vid you'll see why I thought that was a really bad idea, so mr2 it was. I never drove any before the mr2 but looking back if you lined them all up and said I had to pick one it would still hands down be the mr2. It suits me to the ground, I love the style and the shape and the fact that you really don't see many, there a great, quirky little head turner, they go like they look like they should (oh and the SOUND! haha) handles a dream (even on 24 yr old suspension) and the roof comes off, she's a winner all round.

I got mine from a woman who'd had it since '91, local, she sent an ad around work and my mum sent it to me, I was the first viewer and I took it home that day. She has a 5p piece sized rust patch on the inside of the drivers door just above the hinge and the paintwork was as expected (come up brilliant White after a polish and wax though!) incredibly sound engine wise, having a bit of a problem with rev hunting when she's super hot but once that's sorted she'll be good as new. Got a rust bubble (pin head sized) and got rid of that pronto, plans are to replace the speakers and headunit, still got the old factory system, iv Got a sunstrip, a sticker or two and painted the wheels and dark grey/blue ford colour, but Once the insurance is less of a blow I plan to put it on some nice watanabe/minilite style wheels and coilovers, some nice tyres and I'll be very happy. Oh and a nice smaller steering wheels if I can find one in the same blue as my interior to replace the bus wheel! May take a while for that to happen though :)